Question Best Caching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webbstre

Customer
It's been a while since I originally set up my caching, but I am always looking to make improvements to my site. I was just curious as to what caching option is "best" for vbulletin/vboptimise? I use xcache right now but I've heard that memcached is supposed to be more effective.

For a single-server setup, APC. XCache is full of compatibility issues, though if it works on your setup then it's marginally faster than APC.

If you have multiple servers, Memcache could be better if the server that runs memcached (separate from your web and DB server) has enough RAM.

Hmmm... currently I'm running everything on a single dedicated server, but I may be expanding to a second vbulletin board by the end of the year, and depending on how things stand it will either be on a separate server or sharing a single, larger dedicated server. I plan to have the userbase shared between the two boards. In that situation, what do you think? Would it be a better idea to get away from xcache and try either APC or memcache?

That's a little beyond my area of expertise to be able to answer that :(

I think the reason why memcached would need a server of its own separate from the web server(s) is for the RAM usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vB Optimise

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings