Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
I know vBShout isn't your main focus for the moment, but I used this feature today (it rocks) and have a few suggestions to make it rock even harder. =)

When reporting a shout make this javascript or something instead of a full page load if possible.

When reporting a shout, after you save it, you're taken to the archive page instead of the page you came from.

When handling a report a few more options would be nice:

A checkbox for BAN the user and also one for Silence user.

A config setting per shoutbox instance for "Moderators" these moderators then get a PM letting them know there's something they need to look at. For instance on my forums I have instant PM notifications on, I'd know as soon as there's a problem to handle.

When handling a reported shout, an option to delete the report would be nice. Sometimes, they are just bogus and I'd rather not have them listed at all.

When reporting a shout make this javascript or something instead of a full page load if possible.
That's not possible because IE doesn't support the kind of JS that'd need to be used for inputting of report reason :(

When reporting a shout, after you save it, you're taken to the archive page instead of the page you came from.
That's because it's hard to know what page you came from. Referrer URL isn't reliable.

A checkbox for BAN the user and also one for Silence user.
That should be possible :)

A config setting per shoutbox instance for "Moderators" these moderators then get a PM letting them know there's something they need to look at. For instance on my forums I have instant PM notifications on, I'd know as soon as there's a problem to handle.
mm well unless shoutbox PM notifications were enabled, it'd be more difficult to see it than seeing the Unhandled Reports tab counter change, but it couldn't hurt to have as an option I suppose :)

When handling a reported shout, an option to delete the report would be nice. Sometimes, they are just bogus and I'd rather not have them listed at all.
That feature was left out because it could lead to moderator abuse, they could remove reports that you'd want to keep on file.
I suppose it could work as an usergroup setting, though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.