Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add
PHP:
$config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
to your config.php file then run /admincp/index.php?do=buildbitfields and see if that resolves it.

That page only lists completed contests, in order for members not to be able to cheat and spam to win :)

Ok, also....

Please tell me it is possible to set a competition without a point limit, so based on time and whoever has the most points....

How am I to know what is a reasonable amount of points to specify... Seems silly to have a target. I mean they cant even see it lol.

Its like telling someone to ride a bicycle indefinitely and at some point they might earn a prize, only if the do enough miles, but not being told how many. Its stupid IMO.

Also if i keep setting new competitions will the system know to start counting from scratch...?

Last edited:
Currently not possible, but it's something we hope to remedy very soon. If it's a small enough task we will squeeze it in over the holiday period - it's been bugging me for a while too xD

I'll let Fillip H. answer the new contests thing, but from memory the system will count from that date no problem - we taught it to do that so one of our other features would be epic - it stores settings in files, so you can easily give more points during holidays etc and then switch back to normal without changing everything. Ironically despite taking up a ton of time, it goes unnoticed by most people :P

Cosmic

Ok so currently there is no way for a user or even me to tell how well he is doing in a competition? Unless i run maintenance each month, for a monthly comp. Sucks a bit as it would mess with other comps.

Thats a shame, it would be nice to run many concurrent comps, a monthly, quarterly and yearly, with some kind of stats so each user can see how well they are doing in each.

All done on highest scores rather than them having to hit a target they cannot see.

So im stuck with this then, thats a shame too, after all the questions i asked it definitely doesnt do what i need.

Calendar, there's no way to detect when the mod was installed, so those pages work with calendar :)

Great, problem solved. So i can use the mod like it should be, and simply pull the monthly winners from that column on the last day of the month and give awards manually.

Cool.... Also, as i wont be using the Activity Contests, Activity Target Winners under Encyclopedia can i stop it showing in the left hand column.

Last edited:
Cool.... Also, as i wont be using the Activity Contests, Activity Target Winners under Encyclopedia can i stop it showing in the left hand column.
If you disable those features, yes :)

Oh and almost forgot, the monthly percentage, how is this calculated? Total points?
It's calculated using the current daily average points based on your threshold.

Say that your threshold is 10 points, and a total of 10 people have earned a total of 100 points. Your average points will be 10. Someone who has earned 10 points this month will be at 100% activity. 20 points = 200%. 5 points = 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.