Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Brun

Customer
HI Guys.
Im having a problem with vbslider when its relating to threads.
I understand there was a problem after reading a couple of threads.. (widget.php) but couldnt find the fix for myself.

My slider you can find here at the end of forums.
Minelab Owners Forums

Here is an example of how its all messed up
Minelab Owners Community - The Front Page

Blogs work fine.

I do need a quick fix as a soon to be new product...
Thanks,

Gary

The issue shouldn't be with threads, but with CMS entries. With that said, that looks like what your problem is. It appears that your issue is the same as others I have encountered before, and unfortunately the fix (from vB) has been pushed back to 4.1.12 instead of 4.1.11 which is where is originally was. With that said, you can fix it by editing widget.php in [forum]/dbtech/vbslider/actions.

On or around line 450, find:

PHP:
				$static .='<a href="' . $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/content.php/' . $row[$i]['nodeid'] . '-' . $row[$i]['url'] . '"><h2>' . $row[$i]['title'] . '</h2></a>';

Replace with:

PHP:
				$static .='<a href="' . $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/content/' . $row[$i]['nodeid'] . '-' . $row[$i]['url'] . '"><h2>' . $row[$i]['title'] . '</h2></a>';

If that doesn't fix it, let me know and I'll look into it further.

It didn't appear I had access to the vbslider folder, so I couldn't make the fix, but here it is. Find the same line as above and change it to this:

PHP:
                $static .='<a href="' . $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/content/' . $row[$i]['url'] . '-' . $row[$i]['nodeid'] . '"><h2>' . $row[$i]['title'] . '</h2></a>';

You have your node-id at the end of the URL instead of the beginning, that's why it wasn't working before.

It didn't appear I had access to the vbslider folder, so I couldn't make the fix, but here it is. Find the same line as above and change it to this:

PHP:
                $static .='<a href="' . $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/content/' . $row[$i]['url'] . '-' . $row[$i]['nodeid'] . '"><h2>' . $row[$i]['title'] . '</h2></a>';

You have your node-id at the end of the URL instead of the beginning, that's why it wasn't working before.

Strange that you cant access that folder as there are no restrictions on it with the details I have sent you.
here is my widget.php please make the changes you require... as I have tried what you said and I still get constant.php showing in the slider.

Attachments

• widget.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I have attached the fixed file. Try it and let me know if it works.

Attachments

• widget.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 7
That does not work...
I had the same version as you just posted up on my edit.
I am still getting content.php in the url
Minelab Owners Community - The Front Page

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

on line 460 you have...
$static .='<a href="' . $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/content.php/' . $row[$i]['nodeid'] . '-' . $row[$i]['url'] . '">' . $rm . '</a>';

Oh man, I was just looking at the link for the title. On line 460, replace the code same code inside the <a href... ...> tag as is on line 450, and it'll work. Unfort, I'm off my lunch break, so I can't upload the new code for you. If you can wait a couple hours, I'll get it to you then. I think you'll be able to do the code work, though. :)

Brad via Tapatalk

Fixed. If it doesn't work for you still, do a hard refresh of your browser (CTRL+F5) and it should then work. I have verified both the title link and read me link work on multiple articles displayed in the slider.

Fixed. If it doesn't work for you still, do a hard refresh of your browser (CTRL+F5) and it should then work. I have verified both the title link and read me link work on multiple articles displayed in the slider.

Thanks that works great now.
Can you tell me what was the problem please as I couldnt see the problem in the code.

It was just what I mentioned above. As soon as I changed that code, it started working. But basically, your vBSEO rules took off the php extension, and then placed the node id after the title, instead of before. Changing those 2 items, and doing it at both instances (title link and read more link) made it work.

Brad via Tapatalk

Hello there. I am a newbie here and I have one first question. I have similar issues due to vBSEO. I made the suggested changes from this thread, however my links end with .html which doesn't seem to be included by vBSlider. My links are like:

/content/123-name-of-the-thread.html

but vBSlider is currently set to

/content/123-name-of-the-thread

How can I fix that please? Custom content links work fine :).

P.S. After the update to vBSlider 2.0 the branding free option doesn't remove the copyright link anymore, sorry for being off topic.

Thanks a lot!

Hello there. I am a newbie here and I have one first question. I have similar issues due to vBSEO. I made the suggested changes from this thread, however my links end with .html which doesn't seem to be included by vBSlider. My links are like:

/content/123-name-of-the-thread.html

but vBSlider is currently set to

/content/123-name-of-the-thread

How can I fix that please? Custom content links work fine :).

Below the code below which should fix it.

Code:
$static .='<a href="' . $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/content/' . $row[$i]['nodeid'] . '-' . $row[$i]['url'] . '"><h2>' . $row[$i]['title'] . '.html</h2></a>';

The above is only for the title line. The read me line will be similar. All you need to do is add .html before the </h2> tag.

P.S. After the update to vBSlider 2.0 the branding free option doesn't remove the copyright link anymore, sorry for being off topic.

Thanks a lot!

I can't reproduce this. Can you try pasting the branding free code back into the options box?

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, much appreciated!

Sorry, as I am new please forgive me, what do you mean by options box? I'll copy it there immediately.

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

The above is only for the title line. The read me line will be similar. All you need to do is add .html before the </h2> tag.
I'm sorry, this doesn't seem to work. It adds a .html to the links in the message bit but doesn't change the link itself. So I still get a page not found (hard refresh done). I edited lines 456 and 466 as suggested. What am I doing wrong? Thanks a lot.

Crap, I looked at that wrong. Try this:

Code:
$static .='<a href="' . $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/content/' . $row[$i]['nodeid'] . '-' . $row[$i]['url'] . '.html"><h2>' . $row[$i]['title'] . '</h2></a>';

ACP > vBSlider > General Options > Branding Free Key

Never mind the branding free issue, I reinstalled the product and it worked well :).

With that latest code you gave me the links are working well now. However the "read more" link has been replaced by a "second" title so that I see the title twice within the message bit. Was it wrong to add your codd to both line 456 and 466? I didn't change anything else. Thanks a lot!

Yeah, that was wrong. To fix it, on line 466 find:

Code:
<h2>' . $row[$i]['title'] . '</h2>

Replace with

Code:
' . $rm . '

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSlider

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies