Mokonzi

Former Developer
The vBNotifications Manual in it's .doc format, along with the images that are needed for it. I'll update this thread with each version of the manual as it develops, and any associated images.

I'm still working on this as it goes through it's BETA stage, so hopefully it will end up finished around the time of release.

Attachments

• vBNotifications1.0.4.zip
    298 KB · Views: 0
Uploaded the BETA v2 of the Manual, which now includes a completed User section, excepting images which still need adding in to that section. I'm stuck doing more until I can get my server back up and running and then install it on my test server to get familiar with the back end of the system.

I've updated the manual to the latest details I have with the current public BETA. So v3 is uploaded, along with the images it uses. Can Dylan begin working on converting it? David, does this all make sense in the manual so far? Cosmic, are you happy with the style again?

David has given the go ahead to use the current version of the manual, as nothing is changing between the current beta and the gold release (that he knows of at this time :) ).

So... can Dylan sort out getting it converted now. :)

Dylan, the manual updated with the change log and new features of 1.0.1:

In the section The Main vBNotifications Settings:

Replace the entire list section with:
Refresh Rate: The rate (in seconds) of how quickly vBNotifications checks the server for new notifications. By default this is 60 seconds (1 minute). Note: Setting this too low could have a serious impact on the server performance.
Popup Color (Pro): The Hex Code (Black = #000000, White = #FFFFFF) colour for the background of the popup that contains the Global Notifications.
Popup Text Color (Pro): The Hex Code colour for the text that is used within the popup that contains the Global Notifications.
Full Notification Bar (Pro): Here you can choose to have the Notification bar that contains the Notifications spread across the whole screen or just the width of the current Notifications displayed.
Legacy System (Pro): This option lets you revert back to the legacy (original vBulletin) drop down notification menu at the top of each screen. vBNotifications will still alert you to new Notifications but use this legacy system instead.
Notification Bar: Background Color (Pro): The Hex Code colour for the background that is used within the popup that contains the Notifications.
Notification Bar: Text Color (Pro): The Hex Code colour for the text that is used within the popup that contains the Notifications.
Notification Bar: Hover Background Color (Pro): The Hex Code colour for the background that is used within the popup that contains the Notifications when it is being hovered over.
Notification Bar: Hover Text Color (Pro): The Hex Code colour for the text that is used within the popup that contains the Notifications when it is being hovered over.

Also, add this to the Change Log section:
• v1.0.1
o Fixed an issue that would cause notifications to not load on installation.
o Fixed an issue that would prevent notifications from showing if a user had not yet configured their notifications.
o Fixed an issue that would cause the notification bar text to be slightly out of place.
o Notifications should now load on page load rather than on a delay.
o vBNotification CSS is now loaded within the vBulletin CSS rather than from a file.
o New Setting: Notification Bar Background Color (Pro) Allows the Admin to choose the default background color for the notification bar.
o New Setting: Notification Bar Background Text (Pro) Allows the Admin to choose the default text color for the notification bar.
o New Setting: Notification Bar Hover Background Color (Pro) Allows the Admin to choose the default background color for the notification tabs when hovered over.
o New Setting: Notification Bar Hover Text Color (Pro) Allows the Admin to choose the default text color for the notification tabs when hovered over.

No new images this time.

Dylan, noticed a couple of mistakes in the online manual that need correcting.

The section Post Installation Configuration needs the The Main vBNotifications Settings {{{Link to appropriate section below}}} and Managing Notifications {{{Link to appropriate section below}}} linking properly.

In Notification Types the entry for:

Unread Private Messages:

Need completing, with the following added after the above:

Notifications of unread (new) private messages.

Dylan, added a couple of updates to the Change Log area that relate to the last two updates. I don't believe there is any new content needed:

At the end of the Change Log add:

• v1.0.2
o Fixed a bug that would cause settings to disappear under certain conditions.
o Fixed a bug that would cause notifications within member profiles to not reset if vBSEO was active.
o Fixed a bug that would cause notifications to only display on page reload.
o Fixed a bug that caused new notifications to only show on page refresh.
o Phrasing has been added to the settings page.
o Added a new setting that must be turned on when vBSEO is installed.
• v1.0.3
o The legacy mode setting should now work correctly.
o Fixed an issue that would cause a PHP error under certain conditions.
o Fixed a bug that would cause an SQL error under certain conditions after installation.
o Fixed a bug that would cause the formatting of the popup box to be incorrect if it had more than one notification to report.

Dylan, added a couple of updates to the Change Log area that relate to the last two updates. I don't believe there is any new content needed:

At the end of the Change Log add:
Could you add some info on the "Added a new setting that must be turned on when vBSEO is installed.". Just mention that if you are re-writing member profile links with vBSEO, this needs to be turned on, otherwise it should be off!

Could you add some info on the "Added a new setting that must be turned on when vBSEO is installed.". Just mention that if you are re-writing member profile links with vBSEO, this needs to be turned on, otherwise it should be off!

I'll get this fixed in the morning. :)

Updating a few changes to the manual (more to come as I install vBN shortly...):

In the Change Log:
Add at the end:
• v1.0.4
o Fixed an issue that under certain conditions would cause an undefined notification to show up in the legacy display.
o Fixed an issue that caused the copyright to display incorrectly.
o Fixed an issue that would cause the CSS to fail to load on the CMS if the store css as files option wasn't turned on.
o Altered the settings page to show notifications that can be disabled rather than enabled. This should allow for automatic enabling of new notification types for all users globally.
o Fixed an issue that caused the legacy system total notification count to display incorrectly when permanent notifications are active.

In the Postal Install Tips & Tricks section, I've added the following:

To the end of the list add:
Running vBNotifications with vBSEO Installed {{{link to appropriate section below}}}

Then add that section as follows:
If you are running vBSEO, then you may need to activate one setting within the Manage Settings {{{Link to The Main vBNotifications section below}}} options.
vBSEO compatibility should be set to ‘Yes’ if you are running vbSEO with its re-writing member profiles links activated. If not, then the setting should remain as ‘No’.

In the The Main vBNotifications Settings add the following to the end of the Options list:
vBSEO Compatibility: This setting should be set to ‘Yes’ if you have vBSEO installed with the re-writing member profile links activated. If not, then the setting should be ‘No’.
Branding Removal: If you have paid for Branding Removal for vBN, then enter the code you have been given in this setting.

In the section Notification Types
Find:
You will notice that each option is listed twice, once in the section Receive Notifications For and also in Permanent Notifications.

Receive Notifications For will allow you to receive a notification for a specific item in the list, such as Unread Private Messages. If you uncheck the box next to it, you will not be notified of when you receive a new Private Message through the Notification system on the site.

Replace with:
You will notice that each option is listed twice, once in the section Disable Notifications and also in Permanent Notifications.

Disable Notifications will allow you to disable a notification for a specific item in the list, such as Unread Private Messages. If you check the box next to it, you will not be notified of when you receive a new Private Message through the Notification system on the site.

Also, the following image has been updated and reuploaded with the other images:
vbnotificationsusercp2.png

Dylan, that completes the changes, and David, I think that's what you wanted.

Updating a few changes to the manual (more to come as I install vBN shortly...):

In the Change Log:
Add at the end:

In the Postal Install Tips & Tricks section, I've added the following:

To the end of the list add:

Then add that section as follows:

In the The Main vBNotifications Settings add the following to the end of the Options list:

In the section Notification Types
Find:

Replace with:

Also, the following image has been updated and reuploaded with the other images:
vbnotificationsusercp2.png

Dylan, that completes the changes, and David, I think that's what you wanted.
Excellent! :)

Back