Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Stanton

Customer
i know i seen the post for this but did not help me any at all
Users turned to guests.... all my regular users are showing as guest but every one else staff wise are guest

So you did try the following and it did not work?

If you run into it more often than during initial installation then you have a problem with one of the hooks that run at userdata_postsave.

Could you please try the following:

1. Disable all other plugins that run at this hook location other than the APTL one
  2. Create a new user via the AdminCP
  3. Make a post with this new user in another browser (doesn't matter which)
  4. Refresh the thread on your main user

If this turns all the posters on that page into guests, please try re-uploading APTL then try step 2 onwards again-

If this does not turn all posters on that page into guests, please re-enable the other plugins one-by-one and follow step 2 onwards until you find the culprit.

When you have found the culprit, open it and paste the code here, and I will fix it for you :)

Ok to save time can you send Fillip H. a pm with AdminCP account and FTP info, and put a link to this post in the pm so he knows what the info is for.

I'm happy to report that due to the unique circumstances on your forum I've been able to once and for all nail down this issue and fix it so that it'll never be a problem for anyone else again.

Thank you very much for your assistance in tracking down this problem, you've saved me a lot of time for future support requests :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings