Status
Not open for further replies.

Force

Customer
Code:
You appear to have Suhosin installed on your server and configured to be too restrictive for vBulletin and vBShout to work correctly.

Please note that if you have a large number of usergroups, certain parts of this page may not work as intended.

If you encounter this issue, you can work around this by adding the following code to your .htaccess file:

php_flag suhosin.cookie.encrypt Off
php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 2048
php_value suhosin.get.max_vars 2048
php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 2048

These are the values vBulletin Support Staff suggest.
at the top of Editing Instance: Shoutbox I get this I tried adding it to my .htaccess file but not sure where to put it in the file or do I post what it says above or only take part of it really need help here is my htaccess file

Last edited:
Add it at the very top, that should work :)

If it doesn't, your security settings are not set up to allow for htaccess overrides and vBShout may not work correctly.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@theaussieoutdoors.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I get this when i do this

Code:
php_flag suhosin.cookie.encrypt Off
php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 2048
php_value suhosin.get.max_vars 2048
php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 2048
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^theaussieoutdoors.com [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.theaussieoutdoors.com/$1 [R=301,L]

# If you are having problems or are using VirtualDocumentRoot, uncomment this line and set it to your vBulletin directory.
# RewriteBase /forum/

# If you are having problems with the rewrite from content/ to content.php, uncomment this line to turn MultiViews off.
# Options -MultiViews

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -s [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

# Forum
RewriteRule ^threads/.* showthread.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^forums/.* forumdisplay.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^members/.* member.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^blogs/.* blog.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^entries/.* entry.php [QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -s [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

# MVC
RewriteRule ^(?:(.*?)(?:/|$))(.*|$)$ $1.php?r=$2 [QSA]

You did do it right, it must mean the security settings are too restrictive.

If you have access to the Suhosin config file you can set the flags that way (contact your host for help with that as I've never configured suhosin so I have no idea how to do that) or disable it altogether.

mod_security in Apache will from my experience do more for your server than Suhosin.

As I said, I don't know. I've never used Suhosin so I have no idea where, or how, to configure the above suhosin flags :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back