Legacy php 5.5 support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Force

Customer
I have PHP 5.5.38 installed can you update this plugin to support it as I find it wont post anything in the chatbox when a new post is made now
Code:
You appear to have PHP 5.3.9 or higher installed on your server and configured to be too restrictive for vBulletin and vBShout to work correctly.

Please note that if you have a large number of usergroups, certain parts of this page may not work as intended.

If you encounter this issue, you may be able to work around this by adding the following code to your .htaccess file:

php_value max_input_vars 10000
or altering your php.ini file to increase max_input_vars to 10000.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
First of all, PHP 5.5 should never ever be used on a live site. It is no longer receiving security updates, meaning your server is potentially vulnerable.

Secondly, if you follow the instructions on screen or add max_input_values = 10000 to your PHP.ini file, that message would go away.

Can you please clarify why you believe that message means PHP 5.5 didn't work with the software? I would be interested in hearing how the message can be clarified for other users :)

I did put the line into my php.ini file and the message is still there and as I am running 4.2.4 vbulletin I had to install php 5.5 or higher I did try 5.6 but was getting errors all the time even know I put the two things into my config
define('SKIP_DS_ERRORS', true);
define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);
php.pngshoutbox.png

Did you remember to restart the web server after modifying the ini file?

That's the missing step then, please contact your server administrator for assistance.

Your server can not be restarted because you have a shared hosting package. If the server is restarted it is restarted for everyone, not just you. Any changes made to the php.ini in a shared hosting environment does not require the server to be restarted.

This is what my host said

Last edited:
Hello Force,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Already There.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back