Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkster

Customer
You guys made and run this, in your opinion what is the best settings?

I have installed lite version so i can have a play first.

Recommended: Turn all cache options on :)

I'd suggest running a system test too so you can verify everything is working properly.

vB Optimise: Test Setup - Test completed successfully

vB Optimise: Optimal Settings Check - vB Optimise found no problems with this setting.

Looking good, now what does pro give me over lite?

Also messed up my "split users online mode" :-( and arcade mod inliment

Last edited:
You can find the full details here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbecommerce.php?do=purchase&act=product&id=1

Along with more data to cache to save querieso and vB CMS optimisations v2.3 Pro provides guest caching which for guest-heavy forums reduces massive load from your server. In the upcoming v3 beta (which is available to vBO customers who request it), there's Automatic CDN Integration and Aggressive Caching :)

Let me know if you have any further questions.

I'm not sure what you're referring to? vB Optimise isn't designed to fix flaws/bugs, just optimise segments of vBulletin by storing data in cache and fetching it from there opposed to the database, with exception to Guest/Aggressive caching will also eliminates approx 90-97% php runtime processing.

sorted split user online :) it was conflicting with "Staff Legend", un installed split user online and that one part fixed

In the upcoming v3 beta (which is available to vBO customers who request it), there's Automatic CDN Integration and Aggressive Caching :)

Please, can you explain in more detail what this options do?

Also, I think that with product description you should use pictures and go in more details. I know you understand what you programmed in it, but we, potential customers may do, but usually don't.

We're looking at improving our descriptions etc (we are hoping to go through and update them tonight, along with screenshots).

CDN integration essentially allows you to grab certain files (usually images) from a separate server to speed up page load time (check out amazon cdn or rackspace cdn for more info).

Aggresive caching basically means vBO will try to cache as much as possible (especially for guests). On rare occasions this can be mildly problematic, as it can mean guests do not see updated content in some places until the cache expires. We've never had anyone mention this as a serious issue though =)

Cosmic

Aggresive caching basically means vBO will try to cache as much as possible (especially for guests). On rare occasions this can be mildly problematic, as it can mean guests do not see updated content in some places until the cache expires. We've never had anyone mention this as a serious issue though =)

Excellent. I assume I would be able to determine when the cache expires?

Would I be able to determine this based on usergroups? For examples moderators and up would have "live" site (minimal caching), regular user everything cached for 5 minutes, guests 15 minutes. This would be very useful.

Also can you say (approximately of course) how many more users would server manage with vBO now, how many with v3? Let's say it now can manage 1000 concurrent users as vB reports it. I know you couldn't be specific, but I would like to know if it doubles or triples server capacity, or manages 50% more. Can you tell me more about it?

There's no per usergroup TTL, sorry :(

We don't have any statistics one way or the other for the # of concurrent users that can be managed, but I believe that MMO-Champion (the biggest vBulletin instance of all time) saves about 30 million queries a day using v3 :)

Is it possible to program it to work differently for different usergroups? Or it has to treat all usergroups the same way?

I see you have in 2.3 static caching of pages for guests. Does this feature stays still separated from aggressive caching for registered users?

And please, can you put 30 millions requests in perspective of users served each day? How many (approximately of course) average user makes requests? It hard to have idea, at least for me.

I don't believe there's any separate usergroup settings, no.

They have about 20k users online at any given time.

I don't believe there's any separate usergroup settings, no.

Is it possible to program it with different rules for different usergroups? Or is it to complicated? I really don't know what coding it requires, but I think that would be excellent to be able to program different behavior for different usergroups.

They have about 20k users online at any given time.

Do you know what server they use? One server or more servers, how strong etc? 20K users online is really big and active community.

They're using a complicated server farm with separate web and database servers for each site on their network, each server has more than 64 GB RAM etc.

I'm not familiar with their exact setup, though.

Oh, this is very complicated setup. I hope that with vBOptimise you can have at least 50% more users on the same hardware.

Would it be possible to use Varnish with vBOptimise. Of course, in future versions, as now it is completely different caching technology. But maybe in the future you would enable even Varnish caching with vBOptimise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back