Jackson

Hello. In my postbit near my name or ava picture i see..."credits and points". Im a bit confused on this. I believe that credits is what people will earn through out the forum task. Posting, voting and what not. But what is points? Im not sure if i understand what points are for and how do you get points?

can you help me on this

thansk
j

I'll be able to explain this for you, Ok firstly the "Credits" you see in your profilve are apart of our product called "vBCredits" in which an admin can assign a number of point to be earned by actions a user makes on your forums (E.G posting, making threads, voting etc etc) these Credits can be intergrated with shop modifications such our product "vBShop" and a vBulletin.org addon called "vBplaza", vBcredits can also be intergrated into a number of points using hacks found on a variety of vBulletin Addon sites.

The "points" section you are looking at are apart of our product called vBulletin Activity, these points are earned for gaining achievements amd posting new threads and voting, But unlike vBcredits these points are not meant to be used with shops or other modifications and are souly used for calculating a users activity on the forums. a users vBActivity level is determined by the number of vBpoints he/she has earned and will determine how active the user is on your forums. I believe we plan to modify the points system in some way so that it is less confusing to people so that they don't show your points for vBa and instead remain hidden (or something around those lines). vBactivity is a powerful tool to moniter and track user activity on your forums and is a cool way to keep your members active by letting them earn certain privelidges and items (Achievements).

To sumerise: vBcredits uses "Credits" and is for shop addons, vBactivity uses "points" which have no purpose but to calculate activity.

i hope that clears things up for you

regards
-Tom

Just a note that while vbactivity *can* be used as a currency, vbcredits is much more powerful and has much finer control over things =)

vbActivity on the other hand gives members targets to aim for, and also has a fully features awards component built in =)

Cosmic

Sorry to revive this, but this is a very good explanation between the two systems. I was a bit confused about the points and credits. It makes total sense now and i can rest assured that hiding the "Points" in the user postbit is a good thing while showing the "Credits'' gives them an idea on how much they have to spend in the stores!

Thanks for the specific comparison.