Status
Not open for further replies.

Haltech

Customer
Not sure what to say. I installed this thing to promote an event coming up and it starts hiding threads in all of my sub forums. You have to completely uninstall it for the threads to reappear.

I'm going to need ACP access to troubleshoot this, as there really isn't a way for this to make threads disappear. Is it hiding threads or the actual subforums? I vaguely remember someone else having an issue with 3.8 and subforums, but it was because they had a highly modified site, and I'm pretty sure it was a conflict with another mod. Let me see if I can dig that up again.

The instructions are posted in the post directly above yours. If you can clarify for me what step of those instructions you are having problems with, I will be happy to clarify them for you :)

Q5vgd.png

I have no plugin that's loaded via the parse_templates hook

Can you try disabling all the plugins on that page related to vBSlider except for the 3 Global Initialisation plugins, then verify the issue does not persist, then re-enable them one-by-one and re-verify until the issue re-appears.

Once you've figured out what plugin it is, let me know :)

I disabled all the plugins except for these three:

Global Initialisation global_start
Global Initialisation: AdminCP admin_global
Global Initialisation: ModCP mod_global

And the problem was there from the get-go.

Can you please try disabling all other products while leaving the slider active?

I can't see how those 3 plugins to be causing this issue - the exact same code runs on multiple other products (your other 2 purchased products as well as any Lite products you may be running) on thousands of forums - beyond the issue reported previously that has since been taken care of, there's been no reported cases of this happening.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Hey, sorry for the delay - things have been hectic around here these past few days :(

I can see that this mod is currently enabled on your forum and I am not able to detect any issues with threads not displaying. Can you please provide more detail so that I can see this issue in action on your site?

Ah, then it's not the same issue as this thread :p

I fixed your issue, I'm not entirely sure why it happened but I know it doesn't happen anymore now :)

You should now remove the temporary ACP and FTP accounts you created for security reasons :)

Closing this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.