Status
Not open for further replies.

SRobbins

Customer
Hello,
We would like to make tone and shading adjustments to the images to the MMO theme. Can we get the master PSD?

The current deliverable only has logo, background, and userbar for PSD's.

Hello,

At this time i have no plans to release a Master PSD for the themes i create. Master PSDs are only included in Full Custom Theme requests. You should be able to do the adjustments without the PSD using Photoshop Filters.

Regards,
Scott

Hello,

At this time i have no plans to release a Master PSD for the themes i create. Master PSDs are only included in Full Custom Theme requests. You should be able to do the adjustments without the PSD using Photoshop Filters.

Regards,
Scott
Alright. I would like to suggest it in the default package.

It can really help out with getting shading and such to look good. Its just something that we have had come by default with cheaper skins. If you ever release it, let us know. Thank you.

Hello,

I can´t see myself releasing the master PSDs, as it will allow users to re-use the material on other designs, websites and media. Or enable them to do it easier. :)

Regards,
Scott

Hello,

I can´t see myself releasing the master PSDs, as it will allow users to re-use the material on other designs, websites and media. Or enable them to do it easier. :)

Regards,
Scott
Thats alright, but it can be done anyway.

We made this:
Forms-Join_A_Division.png

Just makes it harder for your purchasing clients to get things done. Personally. that's where I focus my policies and energy; the paying client. But thats just how I focus my business. I always felt that anyone with devilish intentions will find a way anyways, its the paying client I am focused on, everyone else will do what they do.

Thats alright, but it can be done anyway.

We made this:
Forms-Join_A_Division.png

Just makes it harder for your purchasing clients to get things done. Personally. that's where I focus my policies and energy; the paying client. But thats just how I focus my business. I always felt that anyone with devilish intentions will find a way anyways, its the paying client I am focused on, everyone else will do what they do.

Hello,

In my experience it doesn't really affect the client having a Master PSD included with the theme.

1) Clients still require to do the same amount of work to edit a PSD for their needs. Be it merging a layer or making the shape and applying the texture ontop.
2) Clients can simply apply filter effects to the images provided for color changes.
3) Anyone with the photoshop skills to create custom buttons, can do it without a layered PSD. The ones without the skills are usually unable to do with a Master PSD either.
4) A master PSD is over 150MB of fully layered and painted PSDs.
- Slow Systems will crash while trying to load the PSD or making modifications
- The amount of time going through a PSD trying to find the desired layers costs more time then the provided images.
- Packaging a 150meg + PSD can be problematic for users to download with the already 3mb download.

To apply adjustments to the existing template a master PSD isn't required. That's what it boils down to, it doesn't save much time or effort to apply changes or create custom buttons / graphics from the template.

However people who want to re-use a master PSD can use my painted layers and re-use them to make new custom designs. Seeing as my detail layers are extensive and time consuming i don't wish to support that. If they want to use my images for textures, that is easier to spot and harder to re-use without making preparative designs.

Custom themes get the Master PSD because they buy all rights to the theme. So if you would like a Master PSD you will need to go fully custom.

Regards,
Scott

Hello,

In my experience it doesn't really affect the client having a Master PSD included with the theme.

1) Clients still require to do the same amount of work to edit a PSD for their needs. Be it merging a layer or making the shape and applying the texture ontop.
2) Clients can simply apply filter effects to the images provided for color changes.
3) Anyone with the photoshop skills to create custom buttons, can do it without a layered PSD. The ones without the skills are usually unable to do with a Master PSD either.
4) A master PSD is over 150MB of fully layered and painted PSDs.
- Slow Systems will crash while trying to load the PSD or making modifications
- The amount of time going through a PSD trying to find the desired layers costs more time then the provided images.
- Packaging a 150meg + PSD can be problematic for users to download with the already 3mb download.

To apply adjustments to the existing template a master PSD isn't required. That's what it boils down to, it doesn't save much time or effort to apply changes or create custom buttons / graphics from the template.

However people who want to re-use a master PSD can use my painted layers and re-use them to make new custom designs. Seeing as my detail layers are extensive and time consuming i don't wish to support that. If they want to use my images for textures, that is easier to spot and harder to re-use without making preparative designs.

Custom themes get the Master PSD because they buy all rights to the theme. So if you would like a Master PSD you will need to go fully custom.

Regards,
Scott
Alright Scott, So sounds like its not related to copy right concerns as I thought you were originally indicating. Just trying to help.

What ever the changing reasons may be, let us know if you change your mind.
Cheers and thanks.

Alright Scott, So sounds like its not related to copy right concerns as I thought you were originally indicating. Just trying to help.

What ever the changing reasons may be, let us know if you change your mind.
Cheers and thanks.

Changing reasons? The reasons haven't changed. I replied to your comment "Just makes it harder for your purchasing clients" explaining how it doesn't make it any harder. I then re-stated the copyright reason here:

Hopefully this is more clear :)

Regards,
Scott

Changing reasons? The reasons haven't changed. I replied to your comment "Just makes it harder for your purchasing clients" explaining how it doesn't make it any harder. I then re-stated the copyright reason here:

Hopefully this is more clear :)

Regards,
Scott
It's clear, I was just confused on your reasoning for not providing it. you initially said, "I can´t see myself releasing the master PSDs, as it will allow users to re-use the material on other designs, websites and media."

Which would imply you dont want them to have the PSD for fear of using it on other websites and media. But then you said, "Anyone with the photoshop skills to create custom buttons, can do it without a layered PSD."

Which would imply not adding the PSD is irrelevant as it can easily be extracted. So I think you can see how I got confused there.

Anyway, if you think it is easy enough to edit in photoshop and thus irrelevant, I would suggest adding it to the package as I am one client that could have in fact used it. Hope the feedback helped.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte MMO

vBulletin 4.1.x vBulletin 4.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back