Legacy How would you like IMG tag use integrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bszopi

Former Developer
I messed around last night and was able to get the slider to display the first image inside IMG tags, therefore allowing the slider to show images inserted into threads, etc., from outside sites like photobucket. So, my question is, how would you like to see this implemented? Vote in the poll and tell me your thoughts on the idea in the thread. Thanks!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
crap...
Why can't I read some things right, in the first place...
I voted for: "Have a setting in the ACP to turn IMG tag use on/off"

And after I voted I re-read "Only look for the IMG tag if there is no attachment" and thought, should have chosen that one too...

And while I'm writing this "Always look for the first IMG tag and use that image for the slider", maybe this too...

Only look for the IMG tag if there is no attachment

Now going to write in my words :p : Other :
Have a setting in the ACP to turn "IMG tag use on/off"
Have a setting in the ACP to turn "Only look for the IMG tag if there is no attachment"
Have a setting in the ACP to turn "Always look for the first IMG tag and use that image for the slider"

Or, let it check whatever comes first... The attachment or the IMG tag.... => Have a setting in the ACP to turn "Whatever comes first... The attachment or the IMG tag"

Not sure I could do the last: Display whichever is first, image or attachment. The reason being, I'm looking for the attachment in the database, not the message body. So I don't know where the attachment is inside the message body, in relation to the image (if that makes sense). I could see it as being an option though, with the 3 listed options being available.

Brad via Tapatalk

Ok, here are the options I ended up with:

• Never use images inside the IMG tags
  • Only use the first image inside IMG tags if there is no attachment
  • Always use the first image inside IMG tags even if there are attachments

I think that covers what people were wanting. :)

---------- Post added 16th January 2012 at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was 15th January 2012 at 22:55 ----------

Now available in v1.0.5! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.