Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed this on my test site as well but decided to ignore it... for some reason, the settings in instance management pertaining to using the first attachment don't see to work.

For example this thread only has an attachment and it is displaying in the slideshow right now with the "no image" graphic:
Haunted Milli

It is entirely possible I missed a vital setting somewhere though.

EDIT: Here is another example where it takes the IMG tag first, then the attachment. Where as I have "Only use the first image inside IMG tags if there is no attachment" checked in the instance settings.

Feast Your Eyes Ever lasting gobstoppers

It might help to give you the page to see the slideshow. :)
Coral Collector

Last edited:
Where on your site can I see a slider with that thread in action? I checked the Sponsor stuff below, but it doesn't appear to show up there.

This is actually not a bug in vBSlider, it's an issue with that particular attachment.

The filedata table does not have data about its width or height, and all other threads in that forum actually pull content from the IMG tags, not the attachments.

You will need to amend that post to refer to the image from an external source like all other threads in that forum, and hope that the attachment issue does not continue for future attachments.

This is actually not a bug in vBSlider, it's an issue with that particular attachment.

The filedata table does not have data about its width or height, and all other threads in that forum actually pull content from the IMG tags, not the attachments.

You will need to amend that post to refer to the image from an external source like all other threads in that forum, and hope that the attachment issue does not continue for future attachments.

I don't think any attachment is actually showing in the slider. Its all img tags.

Why would filedata table not have that info? Is that info default vbulletin?

Do I have a configuration issue?

(Is this filedata a vb4 thing?)

Last edited:
Just a thought, and it may or may not work, but I think there is an option to update/rebuild attachments. This could possibly go through all of your old attachments and add info into the filed at a table. Of course, it may not, as I've never tried. But it might be something to at least look into.

Brad
via Moto X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSlider

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating