• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

overhere

Customer
Hello,

On my website I have Pro Like/Dislike mod and on my site it shows the attached file 'Likes' which currently shows Likes.JPG '4 Likes' next to a heart symbol. But, I do not see such a feature on your website here? Why is that?

Thanks,

O.H.

Thanks. On my website www.ukmoney.tv on the homepage towards the bottom you can see the 'Tag Cloud'. I have several of your mods being added, if not already done so, to my website. So, is this 'Tage Cloud' you can see at the bottom of my homepage a part of one of your mods? (I can't recall).

Also, on the right side inside the slider area where you can see 'Latest Threads' and 'New Posts' etc. here you can also see a small tags box at the bottom - again, is this part of one of your mods or is this specific tags bit a part of the VBulletin default features?

Regards,

O.H.

why not? surely it is of benefit?

or, what damage would it do if it is turned on?

To the best of my knowledge the benefit/cost of it would be quite minimal either way for a site like ours (support based). We don't have it on because there's no compelling reason *to* have it on essentially and our general mentality is to streamline wherever possible.

Hmmmmmm ok, thanks. Could you please respond to these 2 points:

1. I am planning to launch www.ukmoney.tv as soon as your pals at seovb.com finish it. As you know, I have several of your mods being integrated into my website and I have added the forum titles etc. Specifically, seovb are custom making the ShoutBox for me but this will only show latest threads and posts, no chat etc. Now, once it is tested and launched, what would you say would be the cheapest and fastest way to start gretting in the first batch of visitors and to get them to sign up and participate? Could you show me or illustrate some snappy ways to get some early activity on my forum? I would appreciate any shrewed insights...

2. As a logged in member if you go to https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/26-Customizing-vBulletin and then go to https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/87-vBulletin-Languages-amp-Phrases you will see:

"Sub-Forums Last Post
vBulletin Mobile Languages

vBulletin Mobile Language"

But, if you go back to https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/26-Customizing-vBulletin and then go to https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/7-vBulletin-Templates-Graphics-amp-Styles you do not seen any 'Sub-Forum' on this page?

- So, the question is why did a 'Sub-Forum' appear in the first instance and not in the second instance?

- And, is this a default vBulletin feature or something else? Does it work like this on your website as you have the the latest version of vBulletin?

Thanks,

O.H.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm ok, thanks. Could you please respond to these 2 points:

1. I am planning to launch www.ukmoney.tv as soon as your pals at seovb.com finish it. As you know, I have several of your mods being integrated into my website and I have added the forum titles etc. Specifically, seovb are custom making the ShoutBox for me but this will only show latest threads and posts, no chat etc. Now, once it is tested and launched, what would you say would be the cheapest and fastest way to start gretting in the first batch of visitors and to get them to sign up and participate? Could you show me or illustrate some snappy ways to get some early activity on my forum? I would appreciate any shrewed insights...

2. As a logged in member if you go to https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/26-Customizing-vBulletin and then go to https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/87-vBulletin-Languages-amp-Phrases you will see:

"Sub-Forums Last Post
vBulletin Mobile Languages

vBulletin Mobile Language"

But, if you go back to https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/26-Customizing-vBulletin and then go to https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/7-vBulletin-Templates-Graphics-amp-Styles you do not seen any 'Sub-Forum' on this page?

- So, the question is why did a 'Sub-Forum' appear in the first instance and not in the second instance?

- And, is this a default vBulletin feature or something else? Does it work like this on your website as you have the the latest version of vBulletin?

Thanks,

O.H.

Questions like these should be posted on https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum.php in the proper forum there.

i have posted it there, no one has responded this is why i am asking if the above is one of your mods or not? and i am asking for any tips you yourselves can give in kick-starting the forum as i will be using several of your mods - i think both questions under the circumstances are fair

DBT appreciates the support you have given by purchasing their mods. But while it may seem fair to you to ask questions about vBulletin it's self it is not fair to the other customers by someone taking out of their schedule to help you with issues that do not pertain to DBT'S products.

In retrospect if you post non product questions in the Off Topic forum, http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/forums/6-Off-Topic perhaps some of the members here may be able to help out, but don't expect a response right away as people are not always looking on here to answer posts, but they do at times.

I note yourt point about the off-topic forum but you have still missed the point - the whole purpose of me asking the question was to determine (in the first place) if the highlighted feature was resultant from one of your modules or not? Now, why did I ask this here? Well, becuase, I had already asked this at the vBulletin forum and there was NO reponse so I assumed that it may be a part of one of your mods? I hope that you will now understand my position?

If I have to explain it even more, I may as well write it in Turkish.

Simply put, what you could have striaght away said was that the feature highlighted in my question is not in any way connected to any of your mods? This would not have been unfair to any one else?

You do not need to go around in circles: if a question is asked that is not linked to your mods, simply say so...

Also, as you'll know, I have asked questions in the past where your answers have clarified that the issues raised were part of or linked to your own modules - if I hadn't asked I wouldn't have know...
I am sure I am not the only one who has sought clarification if a feature is part of vBulletin or if it belongs to DBT?

I note yourt point about the off-topic forum but you have still missed the point - the whole purpose of me asking the question was to determine (in the first place) if the highlighted feature was resultant from one of your modules or not? Now, why did I ask this here? Well, becuase, I had already asked this at the vBulletin forum and there was NO reponse so I assumed that it may be a part of one of your mods? I hope that you will now understand my position?

If I have to explain it even more, I may as well write it in Turkish.

Simply put, what you could have striaght away said was that the feature highlighted in my question is not in any way connected to any of your mods? This would not have been unfair to any one else?

You do not need to go around in circles: if a question is asked that is not linked to your mods, simply say so...

^.^ I think Ozzy was trying to point out that questions in a specific mod support thread are unlikely to be answered quickly (or at all if they are overlooked) if they're not related to the original mod-specific item (this is because different coders are responsible for different mods etc).

The second question isn't one of our mods (it's not something I personally know much about either to be perfectly honest).

As far as the question about ways to get the forum off the ground that would likely have received a response from me if it was in its own thread (since it's the sort of thing i do know about, but I'm not a support agent for this mod). As it is i'm fine giving a few suggestions here =).

The first point I would make is your main forumhome page is quite intimidating due to the sheer number of sub forums etc, if this is for SEO purposes you may want to think about targetting a little more precisely to cut down on the amount of information hitting people straight away.

Second suggestion would be to post lots of relevant content straight away - I would go through the things you want your site to be "known" for and google questions relating to them. For instance if you want to give people advice on ISA's google some related questions "is an ISA a good idea?" "What are the benefits of an ISA?" etc. If you find some questions that have results from smaller sites etc that's a good opportunity for you to post a lot of content around that question on your site to get some of that traffic.

Third suggestion would be to directly target your preferred demographic. For instance if you have a certain age group, or social group you wish to target it could be a good idea to sign up for existing forums/sites with that demographic and answer questions about your sites topic on there, along with having a link to your site in your signature. That will let you build up natural recurring visitors.

The last suggestion is to create some site specific contests etc to gain content - e.g offer prizes for the best article or blog - this will encourage people to post on your site and give you content which will help with your SEO and grabbing views.

Hopefully you'll find that helpful!

Cosmic

I see, interesting promotion points you make. Next time, I'll post such a question in its own thread, under the appropriate category title.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings