Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
I've had requests from several people to make the delay before the popup happens longer. How can I change that? Basically the problem is that when chatting in vBShout, people are mouse overing names more often on accident there.

Also, would be nice to be able to click off of the popup and have it close instead of only waiting for the timer to turn it off. I know there's a close button, but people are used to clicking off of a popup like that and having it go away. Anyway, great mod, these would just make it even better.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've had requests from several people to make the delay before the popup happens longer. How can I change that? Basically the problem is that when chatting in vBShout, people are mouse overing names more often on accident there.

Also, would be nice to be able to click off of the popup and have it close instead of only waiting for the timer to turn it off. I know there's a close button, but people are used to clicking off of a popup like that and having it go away. Anyway, great mod, these would just make it even better.

I'm looking at trying to remove it from vBShout actually, I've had that brought up before.

There is a setting in the ACP to reduce the time it stays open. If you want it to close when they leave the name you can set it to zero. It's called Mouseout Timeout. I have it set to 5 seconds OOB because there are links on the popup and you can't click on them if it goes away right away :)

I'm looking at trying to remove it from vBShout actually, I've had that brought up before.

There is a setting in the ACP to reduce the time it stays open. If you want it to close when they leave the name you can set it to zero. It's called Mouseout Timeout. I have it set to 5 seconds OOB because there are links on the popup and you can't click on them if it goes away right away :)

Sounds good on the vbShout as well as how to close it.

Good deal on the closing as well.

On the the other issue (related to vbShout, somewhat), I mean how long you have to hover UNTIL it opens would be good to set if possible.

On the the other issue (related to vbShout, somewhat), I mean how long you have to hover UNTIL it opens would be good to set if possible.

Ah okay, I'll check the code and see if there is a way I can time the hover before it opens.

Added the delay in the 1.3.0 release which has just been posted :)
Only thing that I can't change is once you have hovered over a user and the popup has occurred, it will pop up right away on that user until the page is refreshed or a new page has been loaded. This is because the ajax call has been run and cached for that user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back