Status
Not open for further replies.

ti6

Customer
Hellow,

first of all thank you for your great work. I really enjoy many of your great products.
My question about customization is this:

I tryed alot to get my slider like this:

6w1abtvu5m8j.jpg

But i dont know where and how to change the css styles...

The hover just should move from the right to the left and should look like this.
Also the text should be more "organized" in this text-area.

I really would appreciate some tips.
Thanks!

(excuse my bad english) :D

Cheers,
Simon

Edit: BTW the slider images always look to me a little blurry. Did i miss something? They should have the right size.

5ziwddoaka62.jpg

Attachments

• 6w1abtvu5m8j.jpg
    6w1abtvu5m8j.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Unfortunately, the slider is not set up to allow the content to slide in from the side. It currently only comes in from the top. Different slider transitions is something I am already considering for a future version, though.

As far as the images looking blurry, my thought is that the image is larger than the slider container, therefore it is getting resized to fit inside the slider, and then losing some of its quality. Other than that, I'm not sure why they would look blurry.

I took a look.. the image and the slider have the same size. :( Is there any other possibility to fix this problem?
Allright, iam gonna wait for those slider transitions. Thx u anyway.

The image is sized for the slider widget, which also has a border around it, so you need to take that into account as well.

The image is sized for the slider widget, which also has a border around it, so you need to take that into account as well.

Damn. I spend the whole weekend to fix this problem, but nochance. I almost tryed everything. There is no imagejumping, resizing, nothing to see whats wrong. :(
Is there anyone who can help?

I will take a look at it this evening. I will download one of your images, and then adjust the slider to the needed size to display it best. From there, you should be able to figure out what size you need you images to best work with the slider size you are using.

Ok, I came up with a slider width of 957px. Given that your image width is 945px, you need to account for 12px difference between the slider image and slider width. Slider height isn't as crucial, as the image just gets chopped off right now, not resized based on height. So I would either set the slider height to equal the image height, or also add the 12px to the slider height.

Great

Allright ill give u feedback when i tryed this. ;)

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

Ok, I came up with a slider width of 957px. Given that your image width is 945px, you need to account for 12px difference between the slider image and slider width. Slider height isn't as crucial, as the image just gets chopped off right now, not resized based on height. So I would either set the slider height to equal the image height, or also add the 12px to the slider height.

Actually this should be the easiest thing in the world, but for some reason it wont work.
As u said i changed the

dbtech_vbslider_cms_content_width: 945px (same size as the image right?)
dbtech_vbslider_cms_height: 238px (same size as the image right?)
dbtech_vbslider_cms_maxwidth: 957px (add 12px)
dbtech_vbslider_height:238px
dbtech_vbslider_maxwidth: 957 (add 12px)

but there is still noch difference. Did i mess something up? Iam getting almost crazy about this, and i dont want to bother u. :)

No. The content width is the width for the content (text) box, so that shouldn't really change. The best way for you to probably do this, since your site is a fixed width, is reduce the actual image width by 12px. Otherwise, no matter what you do to the slider, it will still be constrained by your fixed site width. Hopefully that makes sense.

Brad via Tapatalk

Allright, ill tryed to change those values to get the best result. Iam not quite satified with that but anyway, thanks for ur help. Maybe a update one day may fix this. :)

Looking at your site via Firebug again, it looks like all of your images are still 945px wide, and your slider max-width is also 945px wide. When looking at the image properties via Firebug, it says the image is scaled down to 933px. So, make your images 933px wide (crop off 6px on each side), and I bet it will look much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.