Status
Not open for further replies.
Fillip H. said:
Sunka said:
Ended with installing other MOD for image resize in post.
Now using Highdlide for resizing pictures, but that is just temporary fix. I am not satisfied with this solution, and still asking for help and fix
I'm a bit confused, if another image resizer mod works, then I'm not sure I see how it still can be a bug in APTL that I can fix for you?

Unfortunately our support services don't entail re-writing significant portions of other modifications to make them compatible with ours :(

Yes, it works, but Highslide resizer is not what I want it to be installed. Four years ago i had on phpBB forum installed Highslide for resizing images and I have uninstall because it is not what I want.

Fillip H. said:
Sunka said:
Another bug with this APTL mod is deleting Pinterest icon (Pinterest Sharing System by BOP5) when click on button for Thanks/like.
So if you have Pinterest Mod from BirdOfPray5 installed, you have Pinterest icon in post and when user click to give Thanks/Like, that Pinterest icon disappear form post.

This can happen if a mod has not integrated itself with the "show post" script (showpost.php).

Many of our mods such as vBActivity & Awards had to get this compatibility update applied, but since the usage of that file is largely defunct in vB4, not many mod authors bothers adding support for it.

vBCMS and vBBlog has support for it, though :)

At this time there's no way to work around these issues without significantly re-writing the way APTL works, which is not something we can do straight away :(

You can ask BOP to integrate with showpost.php and it will work, however :)

All this story would not start if all this errors start when I install APTL 2.0.0, but they do not. All started with last update, and because of that fact, I said that bug must be in APTL mod.
Let change sides for 5 minutes. You buy my Mod, you install and everything is OK, we both are happy. Then you download update for my MOD, You than uprade mod and some of your other crucial mods not working. Who you going to ask for help? In your opinion in that situation, who's Mod have bug?

Fillip H. said:
Sunka said:
This is strange too and it is only start to happen with this latest (v2.0.3) version of Mod. It is another bug/divergence with another Mods. It is strange because previous versions work OK.

This, too, is an issue that will have happened with ALL of the v2.0 branch of the mod, and maybe even further back than that.

Nop, because all working (not all because still there is some bugs on earlier versions of APTL that you give up in finding solution. Hint, use search for my threads create her). But maybe something was changed by some of you because (I do not remember who) of you guys have worked for some bug on my server earlier, and maybe somethin in plugin change than, and because all working OK until this upgrade. I do not know, I just think.

Fillip H. said:
Sunka said:
Another regret is for your behavior. I have paid for your Mod, so I am customer. Normal behavior for company is to listen their customers and help them when there is problem.

Respectfully, I disagree with you that I have not helped you with this issue.
Yes you have, I do not deny that but only after my insistence, begging, shouting in the dark (lol) this problem/bug is not forgoten.

Fillip H. said:
Sunka said:
Every time when I come on this forum ask for help, it not given on begining. Always is another mod wrong, or vBulletin core files is wrong, or I (customer) do not know/understand something...
I almost must to beg for help.

Right off the bat I pointed out exactly why the issue was happening and why I could not fix it (the issue was, as you yourself found out, with the Image Resizer mod you were using) and the issue could have been resolved right there.

After you claimed the issue was present in the previous version of the mod, I launched a file comparison between the v2.0.2 download, and v2.0.3 download (just in case I had missed any changes) and let you know that the code had not changed.

I admit that I shouldn't have waited for you to request me to go to your site, and for that I apologise. However, please bear in mind that in my head, the issue you were describing ("v2.0.2 and v2.0.3 made changes that broke this") was literally impossible from my PoV (the actual code itself showed that no such change had been made), and I found it strange that you did not accept my judgement on this matter.

I gain nothing from lying to you and saying that no changes were made if changes were made. In fact, I would only be causing myself more problems, not only because you yourself could launch a file comparison - thus publicly expose me for a liar, but also because someone else would be reporting the same problem and we'd be back to square one.

Know that whenever you or anyone else report a bug, I am probably even more excited than you are at getting it fixed A.S.A.P. - the sooner it's fixed, the less support threads are created about it, and the less customers (or even free Lite users) feel like they're using a broken product.

Again, I respectfully disagree that I did not help you from the outset.

Unfortunately, the reality is that sometimes, vBulletin and other mods are at fault. What would you want me to say, if I uncovered a bug in vBulletin or in another mod that made my products not work as intended?

An example of this is vBulletin 4.0.2. That version, and that version alone, won't work correctly with a lot of DBTech products. Why? Because they accidentally changed 1 small block of code that created profile tabs. The result was, no profile tabs showed up for any modification (including their own vB Blog product).

4.0.1 and 4.0.3+ are not affected by this issue. If a customer running 4.0.2 comes to me and says "Your product is broken, the profile tab does not show up!" what would be the correct answer, in your eyes?
My answer would be to ask them wait for 4.0.3 to be released (assuming this report was created when 4.0.2 was the latest version) or to downgrade to 4.0.1, because I cannot fix bugs in vBulletin.

Perhaps not the best example because since the block of code changed was so small, I could easily do a comparison between 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 and identify the broken code, then provide a fix.

My point is, we do not offer support for other mods or vBulletin, so if there's a conflict with another mod that we are not able to resolve from our end (of which there have been a few, to the point where we had to reduce functionality in our vBShout product to work around the conflict) then we will have to tell customers that the problem is with the other mod or with vBulletin and we cannot help.

Sorry if that was a huge ramble that made no sense, I'm not very good at explaining things to others, putting myself in their shoes :(
If you still disagree with me or want a better explanation, simply mention Cosmic - he'll do a much better job of explaining this than I did :)

Yes, yes...
Of course that before asking for help here, I try to find solution by my self. I compare old and new files too, and find that something is changed, but I have not so knowledge in coding, so for some part of code I did not know is that only for fixing new menu in vbulletin or is something else.
You say that I did not accept your judgement on this matter. Yes I have, but you did not accept my explanation of problem. Those bugs started after update to v2.0.3. before that, they did not exist.

And again i did not said that you did not helped me. Yes, you helped, but only if customer insist, beg, be boring... bla bal
Thats my feeling, my conclusion for 3-4 times I asked help here. You give help, but customer have to scream for it. And that is wrong.

I know that in many situations creator of Mod do not give help if another mod is conflicting, only when there is bug with default vBulletin files/codes, but there is not such stuations if you look "tree of life" for this bug.
Probably I would never ask or at least not screaming so much here, if bug was start if I update mod for resizing images in posts, not APTL mod.

Fillip H. said:
Sunka said:
Pity is that you give faster help on vB.org forums than here, because on vb.org your posts and bugs see prospective customers. here do not.
Respectfully, that is factually untrue.

I personally check these forums at least once an hour, sometimes even more. I go through vBulletin.org support far less frequent than that.

My opinion is the opposite of your, and we both have right for it. :)

I do not want to argue with you guys. I just want to help me when I need help and try to have here good relationship like Seller => Buyer must have.
I still have some bugs.

Maybe this is impulse for your new mod (resize images in posts) :)

Sory for my not so good english language.

Sunka from Croatia

Yes, it works, but Highslide resizer is not what I want it to be installed. Four years ago i had on phpBB forum installed Highslide for resizing images and I have uninstall because it is not what I want.

All this story would not start if all this errors start when I install APTL 2.0.0, but they do not. All started with last update, and because of that fact, I said that bug must be in APTL mod.

Let change sides for 5 minutes. You buy my Mod, you install and everything is OK, we both are happy. Then you download update for my MOD, You than uprade mod and some of your other crucial mods not working. Who you going to ask for help? In your opinion in that situation, who's Mod have bug?

Nop, because all working (not all because still there is some bugs on earlier versions of APTL that you give up in finding solution. Hint, use search for my threads create her). But maybe something was changed by some of you because (I do not remember who) of you guys have worked for some bug on my server earlier, and maybe somethin in plugin change than, and because all working OK until this upgrade. I do not know, I just think.

I can absolutely guarantee you that the issue was not caused by the 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 update, i'm not sure what makes you think that, but you are welcome to go back and test it on v2.0.2 and make a clip for us of it not occurring on 2.0.2, but then occurring on 2.0.3, because it does not happen in our testing, and it is not physically possible for it to occur based on the code changes. Please don't read that message as rude - i'm just trying to be as clear as possible for you :).

In addition incompatibilities with other mods isn't a bug - our mod being compatible with other mods isn't something we can guarantee. It doesn't mean there is a BUG in either mod, just that the methods of doing things are incompatible. BOP5's mod is a great example of this - he's a great coder and his mod is excellent, but the way he chooses to code it means (at the moment) it has some issues with our mod. Fortunately he's awesome and if you ask him he'll almost certainly make the change required - not all mod authors will do that though, and we can't harm OUR mod to account for that if they choose not to.

Yes you have, I do not deny that but only after my insistence, begging, shouting in the dark (lol) this problem/bug is not forgoten.

Yes, yes...
Of course that before asking for help here, I try to find solution by my self. I compare old and new files too, and find that something is changed, but I have not so knowledge in coding, so for some part of code I did not know is that only for fixing new menu in vbulletin or is something else.
You say that I did not accept your judgement on this matter. Yes I have, but you did not accept my explanation of problem. Those bugs started after update to v2.0.3. before that, they did not exist.

And again i did not said that you did not helped me. Yes, you helped, but only if customer insist, beg, be boring... bla bal
Thats my feeling, my conclusion for 3-4 times I asked help here. You give help, but customer have to scream for it. And that is wrong.

I know that in many situations creator of Mod do not give help if another mod is conflicting, only when there is bug with default vBulletin files/codes, but there is not such stuations if you look "tree of life" for this bug.
Probably I would never ask or at least not screaming so much here, if bug was start if I update mod for resizing images in posts, not APTL mod.

Sorry to hear you feel that way. In this instance from what I can see you are unhappy that we are not able to make our mod work with 1 specific other mod, unfortunately that's just not something we can guarantee, but please do accept my apologies if the service you have received has been in any way lacking in your eyes.

My opinion is the opposite of your, and we both have right for it. :)

I do not want to argue with you guys. I just want to help me when I need help and try to have here good relationship like Seller => Buyer must have.
I still have some bugs.

Maybe this is impulse for your new mod (resize images in posts) :)

Sory for my not so good english language.

Sunka from Croatia

Please do let us know if you have any other bugs - generally we don't consider incompatibilities with 3rd party mods bugs though, simply because we cannot always change our product to work with another modification - especially when doing so would reduce the efficiency or effectiveness of our modification. It would be unfair to our other customers :(

I'd also like to take a moment to thank you for reporting your issues and concerns in a calm and reasonable manner, it's very much appreciated.

It seems to me in this instance though that there is just a difference of opinion - you feel we should make our mod work with another mod, and we are unable to offer that service. Again i can absolutely guarantee you, 100%, that no code changes between 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 could have possible caused this issue. You are welcome to have other coders examine the code etc - if you are able to show we are wrong I will happily refund you the cost of your license, as well as allow you to continue using it - that's the fairest I feel I can be in this instance.

Cosmic

Lol, I do not want my money back, that I never asked nor thinking that way.
I just want to feel that you guys want to help your customers when they submit some bug.
Do not evolve into cold modern businessman, do not become modern vBulletin

Lol, I do not want my money back, that I never asked nor thinking that way.
I just want to feel that you guys want to help your customers when they submit some bug.
Do not evolve into cold modern businessman, do not become modern vBulletin

Not sure if you misunderstood me there Sunka, I was just saying that you seem to think the issue appeared between 2.0.2 and 2.0.3, but from where we sit that's not physically possible. If it's a mistake we've made though, and you can demonstrate that, i'll gladly refund you AND let you keep your license as way of apology.

Basically what you think happened is something that we feel is impossible, but if it turns out you're right i'd do that as way of apology :)

Cosmic

Pinterest Sharing System by BOP5 for VB 3.8 & VB 4.x! (Pinterest Pin Button Mod) - Page 6 - vBulletin.org Forum
smiley_emoticons_xmas2_fies.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.