Trekkan

Customer
Ok, I know you guys like these as separate threads, but creating 20 threads for a beta product list of issues/suggestions didn't seem to make sense (not to mention, I really just didn't want to make 20 threads).

So... excuse the one thread please. =)

In Admin CP

When editing a signature style the "Can Access" text is too far to the right, didn't even notice it.

Categories should be linked to styles so that you can offer specifics to a style only. Right now, I don't really see a reason for the "Style" functionality.

Layers should be attached to categories

Parts should be attached to categories

Fonts should be attached to categories

Text regions should be attached to categories

Make sure that when someones usergroup changes, that any signature rules are applied again. For instance, what I wanted to do was make a "Staff only" signature section. If someone is removed from staff, I'd like their sig to be removed and the "parts" they no longer have access to, removed. Maybe even refunded, but mostly just to help keep things autmatically cleaned up.

User Front End

Could use some pagination on the parts

An option to auto expand the "Buy New Signature Parts" and "Inventory" dropdowns. Right now I see no reason to roll them up and it's a little confusing visually.

"Preview" doesn't seem to work for me. If I click the preview button on a part, it adds to the left side where the preview would be. Then when I click the main preview button in the top middle of the page, nothing appears to happen.

Would it be possible to make "Forum Name" just another text area? This would allow more configuration options.

It'd be awesome to have various CSS text effects usable by the text areas as well.

Save Multiple signature configs.

Allow for rotating signatures, so the forum would use one of your sigs based on some criteria, random, time, day, whatever.

So... excuse the one thread please. =)
As long as you accept that any issues / suggestions may be lost as a result, it's fine by us :)

When editing a signature style the "Can Access" text is too far to the right, didn't even notice it.
That's how xF does its usergroup permissions settings, and we prefer to follow the native interface of the platform.

Categories should be linked to styles so that you can offer specifics to a style only.
That would mean either having to duplicate categories, or introduce a "chicken and egg" problem that currently exists in vBShop's "items in certain shops only".

You can already offer specifics to a style only by not adding any parts to that category from a different style - that category will then only display in your new style :)

Right now, I don't really see a reason for the "Style" functionality.
The reason for the Style functionality is to allow you to create an image for which parts and text regions attach in different ways than they do in the default signature style.

See the @[AddOn] Signature Style: City to see what I mean.

In the future, signature styles will also allow different signature dimensions.

Can you please explain the benefits to categorising this?

Users would never see that Font X is in Category Y and Font Z is in Category A. To me it seems like it would only add visual clutter to their respective "Manage" pages.

They already are.

Make sure that when someones usergroup changes, that any signature rules are applied again. For instance, what I wanted to do was make a "Staff only" signature section. If someone is removed from staff, I'd like their sig to be removed and the "parts" they no longer have access to, removed. Maybe even refunded, but mostly just to help keep things autmatically cleaned up.
That may be a lot of work, but this is one suggestion I think you should put in its own thread as it's worth keeping a note of :)

Could use some pagination on the parts
That's sadly not currently possible without introducing the same design flaws as vBShop suffers from, which is something we'd obviously like to avoid :)

I'll be taking another look at it when I'm updating vBShop with the new way of displaying items, since there's more incentive to fix it there - after all, a pagination feature already exists. If I am able to fix it, it will eventually drip back to the Signature and Avatar mods.

An option to auto expand the "Buy New Signature Parts" and "Inventory" dropdowns. Right now I see no reason to roll them up and it's a little confusing visually.
The reason for that is scalability :)

Once the Style functionality has been fleshed out properly with the suggestions KristerSwe mentioned, we anticipate people will want to add several signature styles - having them all listed inline would become very messy.

"Preview" doesn't seem to work for me. If I click the preview button on a part, it adds to the left side where the preview would be. Then when I click the main preview button in the top middle of the page, nothing appears to happen.
That is correct behaviour. The preview button is used for when you alter the text areas, and it will refresh the left side preview / its mouseover just like the Equip or Preview button on a new item would.

Would it be possible to make "Forum Name" just another text area? This would allow more configuration options.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this. "Forum Name" is the title of a text region, and you can alter the title of a text region by editing it in the Manage Text Region interface.

It'd be awesome to have various CSS text effects usable by the text areas as well.
As far as I know, that's not possible due to the fact that we are not working with CSS/HTML, but rather with the GD image library.

That is already a feature. If you add a new signature style, even if it uses the same parts, they are saved separate from each other.

Allow for rotating signatures, so the forum would use one of your sigs based on some criteria, random, time, day, whatever.
If you flesh this out with some more details then this would also fit well in its own thread :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Trekkan
Categories should be linked to styles so that you can offer specifics to a style only.

That would mean either having to duplicate categories, or introduce a "chicken and egg" problem that currently exists in vBShop's "items in certain shops only".

You can already offer specifics to a style only by not adding any parts to that category from a different style - that category will then only display in your new style :)

I'll have to look into this and get a better understanding I think.

quote_icon.png
Right now, I don't really see a reason for the "Style" functionality.

The reason for the Style functionality is to allow you to create an image for which parts and text regions attach in different ways than they do in the default signature style.

See the @[AddOn] Signature Style: City to see what I mean.

In the future, signature styles will also allow different signature dimensions.
Will check this out as well.

quote_icon.png

Can you please explain the benefits to categorising this?

Users would never see that Font X is in Category Y and Font Z is in Category A. To me it seems like it would only add visual clutter to their respective "Manage" pages.
My thought would be that there would be specific signature designs that would need their layers, text regions and fonts attached to them, and them only. But say I wanted a text region to appear on one sig style in the upper right, but I did not want that option to appear on another sig style. I didn't see a way that this could be done.

quote_icon.png

They already are.
Yeah they are, I guess I meant that if categories were attached to a style, then you'd have specific parts that were available for specific styles. Maybe you can do this already, but it wasn't clear in the AdminCP, I'll take another look.

quote_icon.png

That may be a lot of work, but this is one suggestion I think you should put in its own thread as it's worth keeping a note of :)

Will do!

quote_icon.png

The reason for that is scalability :)

Once the Style functionality has been fleshed out properly with the suggestions KristerSwe mentioned, we anticipate people will want to add several signature styles - having them all listed inline would become very messy.
Fair enough, just that right now it's a bit weird looking. I'll bug you more about it if I still think it's an issue after you make whatever changes you plan.

quote_icon.png

That is correct behaviour. The preview button is used for when you alter the text areas, and it will refresh the left side preview / its mouseover just like the Equip or Preview button on a new item would.
Ok, so the problem here is (on Chrome, yes, Chrome!) that there is nothing in the mouseover preview to view. It pops up with a header and a footer line, but where the actual sig is, there's nothing displayed by empty space.

quote_icon.png

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this. "Forum Name" is the title of a text region, and you can alter the title of a text region by editing it in the Manage Text Region interface.
Yup, I completely missed that in the editor. For some reason, I thought this one field "Forum Name" was a static field, seemed stupid to me (even for you! ha! ;) ). But, jokes on me, THIS TIME! ;)

quote_icon.png

As far as I know, that's not possible due to the fact that we are not working with CSS/HTML, but rather with the GD image library.
Ahh ok, I hadn't even considered that. Ok, well if you can come up with anything to dress up the text, that'd rock. Right now the text tends to take away from the awesome graphics under it.

quote_icon.png

That is already a feature. If you add a new signature style, even if it uses the same parts, they are saved separate from each other.
Alrighty, this wasn't evident when looking at it, I'll give it another run through.

quote_icon.png

If you flesh this out with some more details then this would also fit well in its own thread :)

Sure thing!

Last edited:
My thought would be that there would be specific signature designs that would need their layers, text regions and fonts attached to them, and them only. But say I wanted a text region to appear on one sig style in the upper right, but I did not want that option to appear on another sig style. I didn't see a way that this could be done.
Text regions are attached to signature styles, and using a specific layer is not required. Even if you have defined a layer, you're not required to use it in every single signature style :)

Yeah they are, I guess I meant that if categories were attached to a style, then you'd have specific parts that were available for specific styles. Maybe you can do this already, but it wasn't clear in the AdminCP, I'll take another look.
That's achieved via the fact that signature parts are attached to signature styles :)

Ok, so the problem here is (on Chrome, yes, Chrome!) that there is nothing in the mouseover preview to view. It pops up with a header and a footer line, but where the actual sig is, there's nothing displayed by empty space.
From the looks of it you may have forgotten to CHMOD styles/DBTech/xFSignatures/signatures, since none of the preview images work for me on your forum.

Legacy DragonByte Signatures

XenForo 1.1.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back