Status
Not open for further replies.

Crotan

Customer
Maybe this is a mix between feature request and a How do I.

I'm running the lite version of the slider, but I'd like to run it outside of a widget header. Seamlessly into the page, in a competitor slider plugin I would create a new widget template named widget_noborder with the code to only contain
Code:
{vb:raw output}

Then just simply change the slider widget to the new template.

However I realize that you have integrated your copyright information into the actual widget template itself, and notice that you made the footer option only in the paid version. I'd like to request that you make this available in the lite version as well, for users who want to integrate the slider into a page without the widget border (which is a personal visual enhancement).

If that's not possible, here's my How-to Question. How can I seamlessly integrate the slider into a boarderless widget while maintaining your copyright link?

Thanks,
Crotan

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you edit the template for the slider (dbtech_vbslider), you can add comments (or delete) around the div with class BLOCK.

Code:
<!--   <div class="block"> --> 
      <div>
         {vb:raw output.text}
      </div>
<!--   </div> -->

That will get you your borderless widget. As far as the footer, perhaps Cosmic will allow for you to move it to the footer. Or, you could always install Copyright Management - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons, which will move it from under the slider to the footer, as well as tidy up any other DBT copyrights you may have.

If you edit the template for the slider (dbtech_vbslider), you can add comments (or delete) around the div with class BLOCK.

Code:
<!--   <div class="block"> --> 
      <div>
         {vb:raw output.text}
      </div>
<!--   </div> -->

That will get you your borderless widget. As far as the footer, perhaps Cosmic will allow for you to move it to the footer. Or, you could always install Copyright Management - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons, which will move it from under the slider to the footer, as well as tidy up any other DBT copyrights you may have.

Hmm that seemed to get me more than a borderless widget, it displayed each article text blurb and picture at once down the page :/

Hmm that seemed to get me more than a borderless widget, it displayed each article text blurb and picture at once down the page :/

Did you leave the rest of the template alone and just comment out those 2 lines? Revert the template and try just removing the class="block" from that one DIV and see what that does.

Did you leave the rest of the template alone and just comment out those 2 lines? Revert the template and try just removing the class="block" from that one DIV and see what that does.

I lied that works great to remove the block header, and maintain the the copyright link. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.