Status
Not open for further replies.

CoZmicShReddeR

Customer
having issues with imported downloads...

I tried giving everyone access to each group or category then tried no category and all users but me get "You are not authorised to use this feature."

Now this was completely updated from download2...

Any ideas are welcome!

Thank you! :)

Could I get access? It sounds like a permissions issue but it's weird it's only imported downloads, or do you have ones that weren't imported that work fine?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new AdminCP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues. It should ideally be a temporary account created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it

I tried back and forth several times with giving all access and taking it away nothing seemed to work...

If you did anything recently I just tried about 5 user access with different usergroups and still cannot access the download section...

Not trying to beat you up! :)

I have a few suggestions for other ideas just thought of but no worry's just want people to be able to see and download is prioty number one

You could consider showing the categories in admincp in order by the groups like in the same order you see them in the downloads... And would be really nice to have them all in ajax form or at least to have it as an option...

alphabetizing the categories is hard for me to remember which came first... Or maybe make something you can lock down as the lead category name like to park groups under...

I gave all the modules access to admins and coz veterans, then I gave the same to some of the categories and it seems to work.
Were you setting the modules permissions as well as the categories?

I just tried it through a regular users account there is still something wrong with permissions seems its fine for administrators but not for users...

I just tried it through a regular users account there is still something wrong with permissions seems its fine for administrators but not for users...

I only set the permissions for the admins and veterans groups, regular users don't have permissions. You have a lot of groups so I don't know which you want to have access to what. You just need to make sure you setup the module permissions first then setup each category.

Ok I went and downloaded the category datebase and mass changed all the groups which I think should be part of the mod to have the option to mass add groups... I also went through and added all users except for unregistered and banned to all the modules except the modcp... I went back to the users account who was complaining logged in and he has access to everything...

Glad you got it worked out. Yeah, setting them one by one sucks, I plan on switching it up next version so it's easier to mass update the categories.

I am having an issue adding a simple download link to a download... I really haven't messed with the download section a whole lot so I am a bit lost on its core functions... It seems to me you should be able to just put a link in to a download as well as add the mirrors but all I see is a way to upload files? I see the mirrors but as I see it you have to have a main file first before you can add mirrors which makes sense...

What I am confused about is how do I just set The download file link or file name rather then uploading it? Files I wish to add To the downloads are linked mod or game exe files....

Thanks.

You can add a link without adding a file. There is a bug with the mirrors that I just did a hotfix for, here is the fix.
http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f80/mirrors-9178/

Once you do that, you should be able to just put a title, description, type in the link to the file in the mirror section and click upload, it should add it fine with a link to the remote file.

Yeah updated the files tried it several times never added the mirror... I add the mirror and click upload and it refreshes but never saves the mirror...

Status
Not open for further replies.