Status
Not open for further replies.

NFLfbJunkie

Customer
I just installed a clean version of vBulletin 4.1.4 Beta 1 with vBShout 5.3.2 Pro. First, the chat box doesn't load unless I chat something and then hit enter. But when I refresh the page the chat doesn't load. I again have to chat something and hit enter for chats to appear. Second, the icons display vertically and not horizontally.

This bug occurs on latest version of Firefox, and on IE7 and Safari 4.

vBShout.png

Last edited:
The issue has been fixed, please re-download your product from the Customer Area, re-upload all files and re-import the XML file.

To ensure you see the changes correctly, you may need to do a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5 in all browsers except Opera) and/or flush any cache systems like vB Optimise or vBSEO you may be running.

Thanks for the report :D

EDIT: Only vBShout 5.4.4 is fixed, any other version is not supported.

it's working again, but the layout is still broke :)
error.jpg

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 1
Are you sure you followed my instructions from the previous post?

It is indeed working on 4.1.4 now :)

Can you open up dbtech_vbshout_css template (not under CSS Templates, under vBShout templates) and see if you have the following:
HTML:
<vb:if condition="$show['vb414compat']">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{vb:raw vbcsspath}dbtech_vbshout_editor.css" />
<vb:else />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{vb:raw vbcsspath}editor.css" />
</vb:if>

If so, or if you only have
HTML:
, change it to
HTML:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{vb:raw vbcsspath}dbtech_vbshout_editor.css" />

HTML:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{vb:raw vbcsspath}dbtech_vbshout.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{vb:raw vbcsspath}dbtech_vbshout_colours.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/clientscript/vbulletin_textedit.js?v={vb:raw vboptions.simpleversion}"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/dbtech/vbshout/clientscript/vbshout.js?v={vb:raw versionnumber}"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/dbtech/vbshout/clientscript/vbshout-smiley.js?v={vb:raw versionnumber}"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/dbtech/vbshout/clientscript/vbshout-color.js?v={vb:raw versionnumber}"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/dbtech/vbshout/clientscript/vbshout-font.js?v={vb:raw versionnumber}"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/dbtech/vbshout/clientscript/vbshout-fontstyle.js?v={vb:raw versionnumber}"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/dbtech/vbshout/clientscript/vbshout-sound.js?v={vb:raw versionnumber}"></script>

That is what mine looks like, what should that full template look like?

Hm weird, seems like the new XML wasn't put in the release package for some reason. I'll correct that as soon as I get home :)

No problems, it was still a real quick fix for something that VB it self broke, so many thanks for that, all is working fine again here now.

The issue has been fixed, please re-download your product from the Customer Area, re-upload all files and re-import the XML file.

To ensure you see the changes correctly, you may need to do a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5 in all browsers except Opera) and/or flush any cache systems like vB Optimise or vBSEO you may be running.

Thanks for the report :D

EDIT: Only vBShout 5.4.4 is fixed, any other version is not supported.

What about someone who purchased vBShout 5.3.2 and has time left on their support, wouldn't they get a fix for this version? And for me, it sucks that a small vBulletin update now renders my vBshout version useless. I'm not a coder so I wouldn't know how to fix what has been mentioned in this post a quick fixable problem. I applied Fillip H.'s template edit, but that didn't work.

Last edited:
No, we don't backport fixes to old versions. If you have time left on your product update cycle then why not upgrade to 5.4.4?

What about someone who purchased vBShout 5.3.2 and has time left on their support, wouldn't they get a fix for this version? And for me, it sucks that a small vBulletin update now renders my vBshout version useless. I'm not a coder so I wouldn't know how to fix what has been mentioned in this post a quick fixable problem. I applied Fillip H.'s template edit, but that didn't work.

Unfortunately it's just not practical or possible for us to backdate things like this to previous versions. The only situation we would look into providing fixes for prior versions would be major security risks.

Everything else, (e.g features, new vB version compatibility, bugfixes) are things which will only be added to the latest version - as is standard in the software industry as a whole.

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.