• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had vBDownloads setup for sometime now & I have decided to add a few downloads and enable some limitations.

However after testing it seems that the downloads per day limit is not restricting users to that amount and that they can bypass this amount.

I have downloads per day set to 3 for the registered usergroup, I also have the waiting time set to 30 seconds.
The waiting time is enabled and working but I can download as many files as I like?

Sorry for the delay, I don't know how I missed this :(

If you are listed as "Is Manager" the size limits don't apply. Please verify this is not the case if you are testing it on your account.

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in response. I have been busy and left this project on the side lines until the issue could be resolved.

I have upgraded to the latest 2.2.0pl version today, plus checked settings "IS Manager" is set to NO and the issue still exists.
I created a new user just to make sure and they can still download more than the allocated 3 files.

I'm unable to replicate this issue.

Please PM me with the account of a user affected by this, a separate Admin account and a FTP account so that I can look into this further.

I had sent you a PM, I have re-sent this PM a few days ago on the 29/03/2014. Please if we could resolve this it would be much appreciated.

I am having a similar issue on my site. When I enable download limit in KB, they can only download 1 file then get the error message that they have exceeded their limit for the day. When I set the limit to 0, the error goes away.

I am having a similar issue on my site. When I enable download limit in KB, they can only download 1 file then get the error message that they have exceeded their limit for the day. When I set the limit to 0, the error goes away.
As per the description of the setting, the permission is in bytes, not kilobytes :)

I stand corrected. However, the problem persists, along with SEVERAL others.

Enable a download limit, and you can only download 1 file.

Disable wait between downloads and you still wait 15 secs, etc...

As per the other topic, limits will only be removed if members are not a member of any other groups that have limits.

I checked that- the download limit is not working when the user's groups permit more than 1 download. It still is allowing only one download.

It says "Feedback being awaited" what feedback is that? The Download Limit still isn't working right on my site.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Update: Your limits on registered users allows them to download only 146 KB a day, which is not going to be enough to download two files. I have updated this limit to 5242880 (5 MB).

After doing so, I was successfully able to download two files. Upon attempting to download a third, I was presented with an error message as is intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back