Status
Not open for further replies.

Mommaoz

Customer
Hi!

Our users are LOVING the User Tagging feature but the majority access the forums via mobile (iphones, android phones and Ipads mostly)

We have been using the lite version but are considering upgrading to the pro for the sole purpose of having tags/quote notifications show in the mobile theme but before I make the purchase, I wanted to make sure that this is in fact a correct understanding.

As it is now, when an email notification is received, you can't see the post where you were tagged/mentioned.

If we upgrade to pro, will those profile sections be visible in the default mobile theme?

I have no idea whether the notifications show in the Mobile version - that depends on whether the vBulletin notification system displays all notifications and runs the same code as the "full" version. You can try that out in the Lite version - if it doesn't work there, it won't work in the Pro version.

Does the profile tab not work in the mobile style then? If so, it won't work in Pro either - we haven't coded anything specifically for the mobile style in any of our mods.

I guess I'm confused then by the pro feature

"(vB4) Works with the Mobile Style (4.1.12+)"

as that's not listed in the lite version...

I've already purchased the pro version now because, well, I didn't want to wait lol and I'm pleased with the added functionality so that's not an issue but can you explain that added feature? HOW does it work with the mobile style differently than the lite version?

In previous versions, the mention (i.e. @ and then the username) would disappear when viewing the post in the mobile style.

I'll edit the description to clarify :)

In previous versions, the mention (i.e. @ and then the username) would disappear when viewing the post in the mobile style.

I'll edit the description to clarify :)

Bummer :( that is no good for us then. I suppose I should have waited on the purchase.

So then.... would it be possible to pull this tab into the mobile version with template changes? I mean NOT by me but by someone who actually knows what they are doing.... OR is there a way to alter the notification emails to point to the thread instead of the profile tab?

Yes, I'm grasping for a solution here...

I've never really worked with the mobile style so anything I say is gonna be pure guesswork, but in theory by taking all templates from the DragonByte Tech - Advanced User Tagging Templates template group and converting them to the Mobile Style (adding them to the Mobile Style skin after they've been converted) should make it work.

I've never really worked with the mobile style so anything I say is gonna be pure guesswork, but in theory by taking all templates from the DragonByte Tech - Advanced User Tagging Templates template group and converting them to the Mobile Style (adding them to the Mobile Style skin after they've been converted) should make it work.

theories are better than a kick in the head at this point. I'll get with our web guru (not me) and see if we can make some magic happen. Thanks for your patience.

One more question Fillip H. - if you have any tips - I've got our web guru working to convert the DragonByte Tech - Advanced User Tagging Templates to a mobile style and adding them as you suggested... any thoughts though on how to integrate with the mobile notifications area or where we should look for that?

Sorry for the delay :(

Are you able to tell me what template it's defined in? I can go through the code from there and see if there's anything I can do on my end to integrate it better.

Sorry for the delay :(

Are you able to tell me what template it's defined in? I can go through the code from there and see if there's anything I can do on my end to integrate it better.

No worries Fillip H. - I'm not sure how but our web guy is making magic happen. we should be fully mobile WITH notifications within the next 24 hours.

If he makes any changes to our product, feel free to let us know and we'll include them in the next version so he don't have to keep re-applying the edits :)

Status
Not open for further replies.