Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis

Customer
Unfortunately, I made a bit of a mistake buying this. It turns out the "lite" version did everything I wanted anyway. :( When I saw that you said that it supported ranks, I thought you meant something else rather than usergroups that's a bit primitive, so I bought it. I've migrated from MyBB, so I thought it would support the same features as the free MyBB plugin called My Achievements. You can see exactly what I mean if you view this page on the old closed forum I've migrated from. It worked so well and you could see ranks in the postbit. I guess there's no way I can go back with the upgrade.

You can still help me though. Is there any other solution that can do this for me, as it looks in the old forum I linked to? Alternatively, would you consider adding this ranks feature to the pro version of this plugin? It's a spectacular feature so I couldn't see why not. Thank you.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That is a vBulletin default feature. Under User Ranks in the AdminCP you can add new ranks that apply to your various usergroups.

I apologise. I had no idea. Excluding the time I've been away from working on it, I've only used vBulletin for a few days. However, that only allows one variable which is post count. My Achievements allows ranks based on a selection of achievements. Posts alone aren't really a way to encourage users to post more as MyBB by default can allow that as well. I've checked out the promotions feature, but this only allows changing of usergroups based on specific criteria. Have you ever thought about it working with ranks as an option instead of usergroups? The default ranks aren't very good.

Last edited:
Interesting thought. It's definitely possible to add a rank system that can use the same Criteria system as the Promotions and the Achievements.

I'll change this to a Feature Request, and set it to Under Consideration :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back