Bug Update yesterday may have broken Forums tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknelson

Customer
I got an email yesterday that a new version of this mod was available. I downloaded and installed it.

Shortly after that, I was getting emails from members that the forum tab was no longer working from the content.php page.

I confirmed that it was broken. I went to mysite/forum/content.php which is the "Articles" page. When I clicked on forum, it just reloads the articles page. Would not go to forum.php

I finally went to my VBulletin admin panel/settings/navigation manager and edited the Forum tab to Append 'tabid' to URL. It works properly as long as that is set but that is the only way.

Did this update cause this issue? I don't think I did anything else that would have. The only other change I made was a page redirect that should have no affect on this issue. Even if I remove the redirects, the problem still exists.

Would it be possible to get a copy of this BEFORE yesterdays update so that I can see if it was the cause?

Last edited:
That sounds like something that could occur if you are running DBSEO and have the "Force Forum Directory Index" set to Yes.

Where would I have set that to yes?

OK...I found it and you were right. I changed it to "NO" and that did indeed correct the problem. I have not changed that though since installation. I wonder why it just showed up. Also, will it make any real difference now that I have set it to NO in regards to how my site is indexed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBEditorTabs

vBulletin 4.1.4+ vBulletin 4.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings