Status
Not open for further replies.

wajiman

hy guys

this is my first post on your forums, great products and a big thanks for you lite mods. so after installing vBArcade lite on my local host, i saw a feature to be missing that i think is very important. that is to include torunament ladders for a prticular game score etc. a particular no.of members can be selected on the basis of first come, first serve to participate in competition and prizes could be set like rep points, awards and trophies etc.. so what do you guys say about it?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks guys, in exchange for your feedback I will look to you for beta testing. As of right now, its still probably 1-2 weeks away from having something stable; I'm still tweaking the plans as I put in things here and there. For now, here's some teaser screenshots :p

Attachments

• arcade_tourn_admin.png
    arcade_tourn_admin.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 7
  • arcade_tourn_menu.png
    arcade_tourn_menu.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 55
  • arcade_tourn_notifs.png
    arcade_tourn_notifs.png
    19 KB · Views: 56
  • arcade_tourn_config.png
    arcade_tourn_config.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 14
Average scores for tourneys.Brilliant and I see the Round Robin has slipped in there..:p.. I wasn't sure about the "latest" score selection as I was thinking that kind of defeats the object of previous attempts.But the more I think about it,you could have some real fun with that.As in not showing your hand untill the last attempt.

Question? What I use to find when setting tourney's up is members use to flood the game for practise before or even during the tournament.Is there anyway to block the game from being played once it's set up as a tourney game.

I put latest in there as a way to force people to REALLY consider if it is worthwhile to try again. So, if you know you had a bad attempt, you have a safety net, but otherwise not to push your luck (unless its a luck-based game, lol!)

I'm not entirely sure I want to auto-disable a game being used in a tournament. vBArcade makes it really easy to create a quick permission to block it already: important, all usergroups, that game: View only. and you can disable it when finished..

I put latest in there as a way to force people to REALLY consider if it is worthwhile to try again. So, if you know you had a bad attempt, you have a safety net, but otherwise not to push your luck (unless its a luck-based game, lol!)

Will all in-play tournament scores be hidden from other players.Not just for this setting but for best and average..

I'm not entirely sure I want to auto-disable a game being used in a tournament. vBArcade makes it really easy to create a quick permission to block it already: important, all usergroups, that game: View only. and you can disable it when finished..

So creating that permission on the arcade will not have any effect on the tournament game?

By being part of a tournament, you can play that game within the tournament, regardless of normal permissions. If you were allowed by usergroup to join the tournament, or invited via admin, this makes sense to me (and less of a hassle to configure). I've also put the reverse idea in there, that normally tournament games dont count towards the regular leaderboard, but they can if you want.

My intention for scores was that as long as you had at least one attempt in, your score would be shown. If that led to a couple extra attempts being used so long as you both had time remaining for it, also fine. I could include the option to hide scores in a match until the match is over... i think v3 has that.

Do you mean like a triathalon type of thing? Or rounds where the best of 3 people in a match moves on?
Those are actually cool ideas, but too much to do for the first iteration of the tournament feature :) keep your ideas coming!

The way this would work would admin would would set up in ACP three games, eg: 1st frogger, 2nd invaders, 3rd kong. once set up a sideblock would show allowing you to enter the tourney. 8 players are needed and all play frogger, the winners which would be 4 players all go through to the next round and play invaders and the last 2 players for the final would play kong.

It's more of a variety play idea so your not playing the same game throughout the tourney and allowing different games, the idea is if a player is most excellent at kong but no so good at invaders the tourney becomes more fair.

The only set back I see here is that its only 8 player involved! It wont work for more than 8 and less or odd numbers make the math calculations harder to work. It actually sounds worse now I've written it down. lol

lol..It could work with more than 8 players,but at the sacrafice of an head to head in the last game/round.Instead of 2 players in the final it could have 4.Or you could have it were everyone completes all 3 games and the average score system would come into play for the overall winner, you could have odd numbers with that scenario and again your not waiting for the stragglers...I guess the ideas start to become endless.

Last edited:
:p you guys are overthinking it!

You merely set one game per round. 3 rounds (8 players)? 3 games. 2 rounds? 2 games. 12 rounds (4096 players xD)? 12 games...

anyway, i like that version of the triathalon idea as well. but its still too much for the first version, i will hang onto it for the future. keep ideas coming :)

Well I agree, the fact we already have a round robin feature along with first win- first paired..Takes the tournament package to another level never seen..But it's nice to overthink for the future..

I dont mean you guys are overthinking everything, just that particular idea - that more games are included in a tournament.
in fact, i like the different-game-per-round idea more than having 3 games cumulative per match, because that would take longer (3 times longer)

I think I will allow over-inviting for knockout rounds. if admin confirms-all, only the required amount will be added, any extra that didnt confirm will get discarded. also, as soon as enough people confirm, the extras who did not will be discarded and the rest of the tournament begins immediately.

Im thinking about private tournaments in some fashion. is this a worthwhile idea? has anyone ever wanted that?
when marked private, it would only be visible to the specified usergroups while slots available, otherwise only to those invited/participating, even after the tournament is over. really, the only reason im contemplating this is so that challenges (1v1 tournaments) can be set to not fill up the public tournament listing, because conceivably lots of people will be starting them, vs the controlled multi-round versions. what do you think of this?

Im thinking about private tournaments in some fashion. is this a worthwhile idea? has anyone ever wanted that?

Yes,but not probably in the way you are contemplating it...To make it private you do that for a reason.Usually because your exchanging something..Are we talking private bets using the credit system??

no, i mean private for viewing - only the players in the tournament will know that it exists. again, currency integration would be part of the jackpot addon. for that im thinking the tournament gets a wager value which everyone must overcome, and if jackpots are raising that goes to the tournament jackpot, and the winner gets that. but that comes afterwards. so i guess ill count you are "yes, for wagers".

Hi guys, I've been busy working all week on tournaments :p making lots of progress, but not enough to start testing with yet.
Still looking for beta testers, Freekoid has already volunteered, but perhaps skol or xandyx or any others who've provided feedback so far, would be interested?

Heres some new in-progress screenshots :)

arcade_tourns_admin.png
normally pending+active/complete are separate

arcade_tourns_public.png
being built as kind of a companion to the stats page, with tournament-related stats :)
the timer is a countdown that can be used in other places, or the date when it has passed.
The action links will be different based on context, and your arcade alerts takes you here

dont forget - i just released v1.3.0 too

It's looking formidable DW :RpS_thumbup: Yes please,stick me down for testing..I can't believe I missed an update..Cheers DW..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.