Valcav

Customer
This is probably not the right place to post it,
but couldn't find where to post it otherwise...

It's about the ACP...
For on the left side...

This is how it kinds of look now...:
adminCP.png adminCP2.png

How can I make it so that it looks a little bit more like this???:
adminCP3.png

Yes cleaning up the acp a bit would be nice. I would like to see a tab called DBT Products, when you click on that it drops down with tabs for all your installed DBT Products.

Then from there you could click on each one to get their dropdown menu.

If you want to move the vBNotifications tab down to were you want it, just go to forum_root/includes/xml and find cpnav_dbtech_notifications.xml and open it:

Find:
HTML:
<navgroup phrase="dbtech_notifications" hr="true" displayorder="X">

Replace "X" with the appropriate number to move it to where you want it. (You may need to change the order numbers on the non-dbtech tabs in cpnav_vbulletin.xml, in order to arrange them where you want them.

To remove the big gap below the tab:

Change
HTML:
hr="true"
to
HTML:
hr="false"

Do this for each of the cpnav_dbtech_xxxx.xml templates (where xxxx is the name of the product) to group them closer together.

unledgk.png

Last edited:
*If you want to move the vBNotifications tab down to were you want it, just go to forum_root/includes/xml and find cpnav_dbtech_notifications.xml and open it:

Find:
HTML:
<navgroup phrase="dbtech_notifications" hr="true" displayorder="X">

Replace "X" with the appropriate number to move it to where you want it. (You may need to change the order numbers on the non-dbtech tabs in cpnav_vbulletin.xml, in order to arrange them where you want them.

* To remove the big gap below the tab:

Change
HTML:
hr="true"
to
HTML:
hr="false"

Do this for each of the cpnav_dbtech_xxxx.xml templates (where xxxx is the name of the product) to group them closer together.

Thanks a lot!
Here is how I've changed it on my test board at the moment...

adminCP4.png

Spacing in ACP Navigation with your Mods

Though this may not be the biggest issue, I believe that all DBTech products released should be bundled in the ACP navigation window. Currently, they are spaced out from each other and, if you have a lot of DBTech products (me) installed, the space that would be conserved here would be considerable.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Open up your ACP and look at the DBTech blocks. See how they have a bit of space between each of them? Now scroll down a bit and look at the default vB blocks. See that space between the DBTech blocks use is far less frequent and only placed in-between logical grouping of the blocks?

Yes, thank you Ozzy. Having the DBTech blocks grouped together would be very nice and wouldn't be all that hard at all.

No it would not be hard, DBT just needs to come up with a standard on what to input in the fields; hr="xxxx" displayorder="xxxx"

Well, if it could be windows for each application inside window for DBTech. But I think that this isn't possible at the moment (with current ACP). Only that there's one DBTech group, with each products settings separeted with name and number.

For example, vBNotifications look now like this:

DBTech - vBNotifications

Manage Settings
Manage Notification Types
Manage Global Notification
Rebuild Cache

It could look:

DBTech

vBNotifications - Settings
vBNotifications - Notification Types
vBNotifications - Global Notification
vBNotifications - Rebuild Cache

Of course, each product could have its own unique name or code (there are long names) with unique settings tabs, separeted with numbers (each product could use some thousand someting, for example 1001, 1002, 1003), but within DBTech AdminCP navgroup. This way it would minimize imprint on ACP space.

I hope you understand what I mean?

Here one more example with two products:

DBTech

vBNotifications - Settings
vBNotifications - Notification Types
vBNotifications - Global Notification
vBNotifications - Rebuild Cache
User Tagging - Manage forums
User Tagging - Settings

It's an idea, but I think that would be problematic if you only wanted to always show one product (say, vBShop) and you then had to scroll through every single other product menu item before you found it.

In addition, the naming you suggested would line wrap and look exceedingly ugly ;)

No, I don't like that idea. Would be way too large if you had several DBTech mods installed.

I think the current convention of ACP blocks is perfectly fine, but the hr option needs to be false instead, as to slim it down a bit. It even makes more sense semantically, the DBTech products should all be grouped together.

But we have no way of knowing what other products use the same displayorder as our products, nor what product is the "last" product in the list (so as to set hr to true for that product).

Unfortunately it is just not possible without manual edits :(

But we have no way of knowing what other products use the same displayorder as our products, nor what product is the "last" product in the list (so as to set hr to true for that product).

Unfortunately it is just not possible without manual edits :(

1) It's true that it isn't possible to do without manual edits.
2) about the hr on false, I was first thinking: just make 1 current product where you put the displayorder (D.O.) high enough, and set there hr to true... BUT: you have to think to the people that don't use every mod, or maybe just have 1 or 2 products. if you would set them all to false, it would hang that 1 or 2 products to any other tab/product ... => maybe it would be more difficult to find the DBT product...
3) I know there are some products that doesn't have a tab on the left side... I personally think that all products should have one... even if it is for just have "Settings" underneath/in it... (to easely find the products settings instead of looking for it in the vBulletin options...)
4) (just talking for myself here) Optimise I have on D.O. 3 , and the other DBT products have D.O. from 10 -> 21 , and I can go up to 28 ...

I think that's it for now...

Last edited:
nor what product is the "last" product in the list (so as to set hr to true for that product).

I can account for that, I set all my DBT products display order to 10, and hr false, then found which one was last in the list and changed it back to true.
I do think though all the products should use the same display order from the get go though, most are already 16, but their were a few that were not.

I can account for that, I set all my DBT products display order to 10, and hr false, then found which one was last in the list and changed it back to true.
I do think though all the products should use the same display order from the get go though, most are already 16, but their were a few that were not.

While I was editing my previous post, I was thinking something similar to...
to put all DBT products on the same display order (I would use 10 also...), Except for just 1... 1 DBT Product I would give 11 and have hr on true then... Why I would do that? In the future I would have to make just that any new product I add, that that is on 10, and I don't have to look anymore for if it is the last one or not....

I seem to recall an addon on vborg that allowed you to bundle your acp dropdowns into "sets". so, you could create your own dbtech product set, and it would collapse it down to one menu item again.

i do not think dbtech can do something with their own products, as that again needs to be implemented as an addon, and such an addon exists! (sorry, i dont have the link handy, but search vborg in the meantime please - i have seen it in use on several occasions)

Here is one that is kind cool for vB 3.5.8 but it still works though vB 4.1.5 Enhanced ACP Nav - vBulletin.org Forum

Default it shows only original vB acp dropdowns, and when you click on "Show Custom Navigation" (at the top in the left colum) it brings up the dropdowns for your mods, then you can click on, "Show Standard Navigation" to get back to the original dropdowns.

I seem to recall an addon on vborg that allowed you to bundle your acp dropdowns into "sets". so, you could create your own dbtech product set, and it would collapse it down to one menu item again.

i do not think dbtech can do something with their own products, as that again needs to be implemented as an addon, and such an addon exists! (sorry, i dont have the link handy, but search vborg in the meantime please - i have seen it in use on several occasions)

Perhaps in that class_install.php you can check if the "enhanced vB ACP" part of DBTech is installed and, if not, do what's needed to install it.