Bug Profile page loads slow when @mentions are actived

Status
Not open for further replies.

neogeox

Customer
I need help to resolve an issue: Some users reported me that everytime they visit their own profile (to check their mention tab) the forum get slow for few seconds. So I did few tests and at the end I saw this

- If I mark/active the checkbox Mentions in (Globally Disabled Featured DB-AUT options) then...

The users reports that example.com/member.php loads very slow (over 5-10 seconds) to access to their profile

- If I unmark/disable the checkbox Mentions in (Globally Disabled Features DB-AUT options) then...

The users reports that example.com/member.php loads fast (1 second or less) and can access to their profile correctly

It has to be related with 'Advanced Tag Users' addon, so I would like to ask you what I can do to fix it.

• Could be because I have lot of data? (mentions, quotes, likes, etc)
  • Could be because I need to reduce the number of Automatically Prune Old Entries: Date Cut-Off from 365 to 60?

I don't know... but the "funny" thing is that as Administrator/Moderator's account the member.php loads very fast; BUT if I login with my normal user account to test it, then my profile loads slow and I have to wait over 7 seconds to show my profile completly.

Any suggestion to resolve this?

Reducing the prune cut-off date would definitely help. If it's loading a full year's worth of mentions, this can potentially be tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of entries.

Reducing the prune cut-off date would definitely help. If it's loading a full year's worth of mentions, this can potentially be tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of entries.

Yes, there are hundred of thousands mentions in a full year. I will reduce the days for prune cut-off.

But I don't understand; with the accounts of administrator and moderators profile/member.php charge fast, almost instantly... but with the accounts of normal user (registred users) member.php charge very slow, ¿Why does this happen?

(We're all supposed to be requesting the same number requests on member.php)

Less data being loaded, presumably.

That's what I thought, but I did the test to access to "my profle" from a recent created user account, and it still takes 5-9 seconds to load. It's very strange... I will continue investigating about why this "magic" is happening for admins and mods.

For other hand, I changed the number prune-cut-off now ¿when will this changes take effect? ¿which is the number/days cut-off that you recommend for a "middl-big" forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back