Bug notification emails no longer being sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfx

Customer
This may somehow be related to an outgoing mail system failure that began on August 22, 2016. All email transmitted by our forum software was configured to go through our Gmail account. It had been working dependably this way for years. On the evening of August 22, all outgoing forum messages effectively began disappearing with no bounce reports received thereafter. Forum diagnostics indicated that outgoing messages were in fact being accepted by Gmail's SMTP server. However, the messages completely stopped appearing in the Gmail account Sent Mail list and never reached their destinations.

I submitted a trouble report through Gmail's 'Report a delivery problem between your domain and Gmail' form, then re-routed all forum mail through the mail transfer agent on the web server. I tested mail sending manually and ran diagnostics. Diagnostics reported no issues and all messages arrived at their destinations.

The current issue:
Although all test messages and manually sent forum mail now arrive at their destinations, for some reason AUT notifications are no longer reaching users who have been quoted or mentioned. I've tested this on several member accounts and it simply no longer works. I haven't tried reinstalling AUT yet. But why would it break? Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks

AUT uses vBulletin's default email sending function so it will not have been affected by this issue beyond what the rest of your forum is. I'd double-check the server error log just in case though.

The server error logs are clear. As it turns out, it was a filter issue on the recipients' end. Coincidentally, they each had spam filters enabled that were hitting on messages from the newly implemented MTA . Exempting the address in their filters fixed the issue. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back