Status
Not open for further replies.

RobAC

Customer
When I'm in the AdminCP, if I go to Cache Settings, and change any of the settings and press and press SAVE, I get a white page and none of my changes have been saved.

Any ideas?

Hi Rob,

Can you tell me which cache system you're using? I'm presuming XCache and you haven't configured authentification which may throw errors when vB Optimise tries to Flush Cache. To enable the XCache authentification go to Misc settings and switch "XCache Authenficiation" to yes, then modify ./vboptimise/config.php and enter your XCache username/password in plain-text (only you will know these details are they are defined in php.ini).

If you wish to disable XCache authentification then you'll need to edit your php.ini configuration and disable XCache authentification there, after which everything should be good. I'd recommend using the System Test to ensure everything is working correctly.

Let me know if you need any further assistance :)

I had accidentally set the xcache setting to yes, however, it has completely screwed up my forums entirely. I cannot make any changes in the Admin system - to anything. As soon as I hit save, I get a white screen and none of the settings are saved. I can't even disable the product.

Hi Rob, in your includes/config.php you can disable hooks with this added to the file:
Code:
define('DISABLE_HOOKS', 1);

After that you should be able to go to the admin cp to undo your changes/settings :) Let me know if you need any further assistance.

I did same, But it is looks like white screen every time I'am tring to save, even I change x cache to OFF * after that appache restarted) Whit screen is exists
PHP:
[xcache.admin]
xcache.admin.enable_auth = Off
xcache.admin.user = "mOo"
; xcache.admin.pass = md5($your_password)
xcache.admin.pass = ""

Hi dimas, have you also disabled XCache authentification within the misc settings of vB Optimise? If it's on it'll be expecting a user/password. Also try blanking the admin.user variable, sometimes these things can turn themselves on if they detect non-blank values.

Status
Not open for further replies.