• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cliff p

Customer
We have the following modifications installed on our site, and they all are not playing nice together:

DBTech Gallery Lite 1.2.5
DBTech vBshout Pro 6.1.0
DBTech Thanks/Like Pro 3.0.3
DBTech user tagging lite 3.0.5

The issue that arises: All javascript buttons for quick reply and advanced reply disappear, and the text "message" entry field disappears. No one is able to respond to threads or create new ones.

Apologies if this is in the wrong area. Please feel free to move wherever it's needed.

This happens on default styles and custom styles alike.

I'm not sure how that's related to any of those modifications? Do you have to disable all of them before those buttons re-appear?

If so, then it will be because of the jQuery issue in the previous thread. If your work doesn't allow jQuery to be fetched, then all subsequent JavaScript will fail.

I can leave vbshout running, and all buttons appear normal. This isn't just a work related issue, this happens even on my home system. I would love to provide you with access so you can "see it to believe it" :)

Ahh, I see.

What compatibility mode are you using? IE7 compatibility mode is not currently supported, as it has a habit of corrupting the visuals.
Metro or desktop IE?

Feel free to throw me the temporary ACP account as well, I'll test it on my own Win8 box with IE.

My mind is blown right now, quite honestly. I cannot reproduce the error now. I've tried every single compatibility mode in IE with the developer option, and it seems to work just fine. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, and it's in fact related to the issue you had mentioned already in the other thread. Apologies, but I still have left the account active for you to peruse.

Is the error still an error when nobody is around to observe it? :p

No but seriously though, I'll keep the PM around until new years roll around so you can check it out at work :)

Thanks, I appreciate it. Users are still reporting the error, and I can replicate it if in compatibility mode with IE 7 standards, but not with IE 8 or 9 standards. I know you said that the modifications won't work in IE7 so I don't know what to tell the users that are using IE8.

Why are they running IE8 in IE7 mode?

If you have the compat header on, turn it off via vBulletin options.

Something else just dawned on me :) Myself and other organizations that run tight ships with regard to networks have certificate issues with Google. Well, I was getting ready to do some optimization and noticed that jQuery was being served by Google, and not by Microsoft or none (server).

I just changed that, so I have a feeling that it will correct the issue. :D I'll also check the compat header in vboptions.

The mods listed above request their own version of jQuery (using HTTPS) from Google, because the version included with vB4 is ancient and does not contain a multitude of fixes and enhancements that our mods rely on.

The vBOption for jQuery loading has no impact on these mods.

Update: I'm currently working on a fix for this issue for all our mods so that it will respect (for the most part) the remote jQuery settings in vBulletin.

The only caveat is that if you choose None, it will still load from Google's CDN due to the fact that I'd rather not include jQuery with all our mods in the download.

Update #2: I've now applied this fix to all my products, which include all in your list except for DragonByte Gallery.

You will need to re-download and re-upload all files, then re-import the XML files in order to see the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back