Status
Not open for further replies.

EquinoxAW

Customer
Hello, I recently installed Triple Triad 1.1.1 downloaded from members area. Everything has been going smoothly except some odd behavior with the cards. For example; one member has won 6 straight matches yet 2 oh his cards have disappeared. My self have won 7 out 8 matches and have lost 3. We have gone over and over all the settings and option and we believe to have them correctly setup. Could be caused by anything else other than misconfiguration of the admincp options? Could there be an instance of the game that even if you loose you still loose a card? This has happen with versus matches with cpu and member vs member. Any clarification or insight with this concern will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and support.

Hey Equinox - If a card is lost due to a battle you should receive a notification, but that will only occur if the match was setup with a victory rule. I've played countless matches but I've never lost a card in thin air, my only assumption is the cards available cache is outdated, perhaps the cards are there but they say "Available: 0" (when creating a match/joining a match), which would mean the card is being used elsewhere (trade, tournaments, alternative battle).

Remember there is a mode where whatever card each person takes from the other, they get. Even if you win, the computer will still take any cards of yours it had at the end of the game

Remember there is a mode where whatever card each person takes from the other, they get. Even if you win, the computer will still take any cards of yours it had at the end of the game

Even with this mode you're presented with the battle end screen which requests you take the cards (the rule is called Direct).

Hey Equinox - If a card is lost due to a battle you should receive a notification, but that will only occur if the match was setup with a victory rule. I've played countless matches but I've never lost a card in thin air, my only assumption is the cards available cache is outdated, perhaps the cards are there but they say "Available: 0" (when creating a match/joining a match), which would mean the card is being used elsewhere (trade, tournaments, alternative battle).

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I am currently asking the members who had this happen some more details to narrow things down . I am not sure how to ensure the cards available cache will be refreshed if it outdated. It should perform it on it's own I would imagine (server side). In regards to the "modes" of the battles, I believe we are using only "Open" "Elemental" and "Difference". Could you please provide an example of configuration of this mode of battle that would take the lost card even if the battle is won? That sounds exactly what's going on here and would love to clarify this and get back to my members with information. They really enjoy the game but have yet to fully understand it. Thank you very much for taking your time to provide support.

Even with this mode you're presented with the battle end screen which requests you take the cards (the rule is called Direct).

Yes but even if you win would you receive a "give" notification of your cards lost?

Last edited:
The cards used cache is rebuilt for each member when they perform an action, so that shouldn't be an issue (we've had no reports of cards being locked). You can find the rules here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/tripletriad.php?do=rules

Based on what you said - Difference sounds like what's happening, where basically the winner gets to take the score difference:
With Difference, the winner will be able to take the number of cards based on the score difference. For example, if the match ends 7 - 3, the winner gets to take 4 cards. Note that the maximum cards the winner may take is 5 even if the result of difference is higher.

As said before though, your members will receive a notification in the Triple Triad Messages section, if they read the message it will tell you exactly what cards were lost as part of a battle.

Thank you very much for you help, I will investigate this closer and confirm here the results. We appreciate your help and creation of this very much entertaining package.

I just registered to confirm this issue. From our testing, the "One" victory rule has this issue. Just did a few battles vs a friend, lost 3 battles, and every time, I got to pick a card from him, but he ALSO got to pick a card from me to steal!

Ok, same problem now popped up in "Difference" mode. I battled another user, went to a draw, then the system told me to steal 5 of his cards anyways...

Ah - I believe this is related to another issue that was fixed in the Pro version recently which had to do with winners/losers when matches were finished - Lite has yet to see this issue resolved. I'll be updating the package today/tomorrow and let you know here once it has been, should resolve the issue for you guys :)

I've updated the TT package for vB3/4. You can download the latest versions on vB.org or here at dbtech. After updating let me know if you continue the experience the issue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.