Status
Not open for further replies.

obviator

Customer
Hello,

Today I installed vbSecurity Lite, and everything worked fine except for the "Maintenance" tab (aka Reset All Passwords). When I clicked "Maintenance" in the left-hand menu, I saw the standard Password Reset form, asking me to confirm if I really want to reset all users passwords.

However, when I clicked the button "Reset All Passwords", I was directed to an error page which says "Invalid Action." The URL of this page is "/admincp_secure/vbsecurity.php?do=passwordreset".

I just upgraded to vbSecurity Pro, and am still getting the same error. Any ideas what could be going wrong? I've tried re-uploading and re-importing the product a couple of times already, with no success.

For reference, the contents of my /dbtech/vbsecurity/actions/admin folder:
  • acplogins.php
  • adminstrikes.php
  • changelog.php
  • index.html
  • loginstrikes.php
  • maintenance.php
  • options.php
  • repaircache.php
  • security.php

Thanks!

I've uploaded a hotfix to /dbtech/vbsecurity/actions/admin/maintenance.php that fixes this. Thanks :)

I've uploaded the hostfix, reinstalled the product, and the symptoms are now different (but not fixed).

When I click "Maintenance" I see the prompt "Are you sure...?"

If I click "No", and then "Reset Passwords", I see the message "Nothing To Do" (which is expected).
If I click "Yes", and then "Reset Passwords", I see a blank page. The URL of this frame is "/admincp_secure/vbsecurity.php?do=maintenance". HTTP status code 500.

Update: I found the PHP Error message:
Fatal error: Class 'FORUMADS' not found in /dbtech/vbsecurity/actions/admin/maintenance.php on line 69

Last edited:
I've been doing a bit of investigation myself, to see if I could fix this. In total I found two instances of the "FORUMADS" class in maintenance.php. I replaced them both with "VBSECURITY", which seems to be what is required.

However, now I have encountered two more errors:
* Line 92 has an SQL error (should be 'UPDATE user SET password = ?, passworddate = NOW() WHERE userid = ?' instead of 'UPDATE user SET password = ?, SET passworddate = NOW() WHERE userid = ?')
* Line 102-103 redirects to the wrong page (shows me the "Invalid Action" error again after processing the first 100 entries).

Has this feature been tested successfully on a running forum yet? It just seems strange that I'm getting so many errors, with what I thought was a standard configuration.

Whoops, updated the same file again. No need to reinstall the mod :)

Has this feature been tested successfully on a running forum yet? It just seems strange that I'm getting so many errors, with what I thought was a standard configuration.
It was tested locally, the SQL error is caused by different accepted standards in different MySQL versions.

The file it refers to did exist locally as well.

As for the Forum Ads reference, the error wouldn't have triggered with that mod installed (which is also the case with my local dev board).

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for the update. That makes sense :)

Unfortunately I'm not seeing the changes to this file when I download v1.1.1 again from my client area. Still has the 3 errors I described above.
Is there another way for me to download the hotfix?

Try again now, I uploaded the file to the Patch Level 1 download that's coming next Monday to publicly release these updates instead of the "normal" v1.1.1 directory by mistake :)

If you have a few minutes, we would appreciate it if you would create a review in our new review system.

Not only do we get invaluable feedback on our products, you also get $1 in free DBTech points to go towards your next purchase for every approved review you write.

When entering a review there is also a field to enter a link to your site so it's win-win. Points to get a DBTech product at a lower price and free advertising!

If you wonder what kind of review we are looking for, Cosmic created what he thinks is a good sample here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSecurity

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back