Question Confusing Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheyenne

Customer
Trying to install this update, but I'm a little confuse about the upload?

1. Where do the following files goes as I have no files called
js
library
styles
security

2., In the includes/cron, there is a DBTech folder...does this go in the directory inside includes or inside DBTech/VbSecurity/includes folder?

3. Inside my current DBTech vb Security (ver. 2.2.4) folder there is a includes directory/folder with a directory called 3rdparty and the update has a directory inside library/DBTech/Security called 3rdParty (the P being in uppercase)..will these not conflict or be read as different?

4. There is a Xenforo file in this new update download...does that conflict with anything?

5. When i do try to upgrade/update as I think should be right and update the xml. I get an SQL error about duplicate names (?) error shows *dbtech_security* and dbtech_vbsecurity.....and when I click refresh the directory in ACP changes from DBTech_vBSecurity to *dbtech_security* ?

Any step by step instruction on the update/upgrade would be helpful, as also any help on this as well!

Step 1: Select the contents of the upload folder and drag it to your forum folder
Step 2: Import the product XML file

Done :)

These instructions can also be found in the "readme.txt" file included in the download.

For assistance with any error messages, you need to provide me with the error message, otherwise I can't assist you.

Edit: I should also point out that under no circumstances should you ever try to manually figure out where the files go. Just drag and drop the contents of the upload folder like you should do with every single other modification ever that requires file uploads.

Last edited:
Thanks Fillip for a quick response, sorry to reply not as quick!
To be sure I did install the update correctly as I thought when I received the first error "/home/socialre/public_html/library/DBTech/Security/vBulletin/includes/class_install.php appears to be missing!" which I erroneously posted the problem/issue in the wrong thread! I've been using your wonderful mods for a few years now and am quite aware of how to install, after this first error I became confuse or more likely curiously confuse about the file structure and install procedure, as I have never had any issue with DBTech products until this!

SQL error came after I tried re-installing update (all files/directories installed again correctly), My solution was to restore my backups including database, re-download package from client area...but this time used a different extractor (zip instead of rar) which is the only thing I did different in this update process, installed update, uploaded xml and all things went well as they should!

So, again thanks for your input and you may mark this as resolved!

Many Blessings
Cheyenne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSecurity

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads