Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I purchased the Pro version of vBShop.
However, I cannot find the Icon Itemtype.
How can I add icons for people to purchase and put on their posts?
Thanks.

It's in the bottom of the list, directly beneath "Thread Title Style (Pre-Defined)" in the Item Management screen :)

CbNd3wp.png

I don't see it?

I was using 3.1.0. I now just went to 3.1.0b2 and I still don't see it. Huh.
I uploaded all of the files (overwrote the old ones) and re-uploaded the XML.

Last edited:
Updating that I changed my vBShop again from 3.1.0b2 to 3.1.0 Pro again and I still don't see it (after re-uploading/overwriting XML and re-uploading/overwriting files). :( :(

v3.1.0 is newer than v3.1.0 Beta 2, for the record.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Hey Fillip H.
Thanks for fixing it.
I added a custom icon (the guitar one) and purchased it. However, when I configured it, there was no option to put it in my postbit or anything.. (I want my users to be able to put a maximum of 5 icons in their postbit on the right hook, and and 1 icon maximum in their postbit next to their username..)
How can I do this? Thanks.

Configuration options are done in the item management screen in the AdminCP. There are no per-user configuration options for this item type.

Oh ok, I understand.
I can just make sure people only make 5 of their icons not hidden. If they buy more, I will just have to tell them that they need to set one to 'hidden' and unhide to swap. :D
I would have this JUST for postbit icons on the right.
How can I add another icon, that would be located next to usernames, like right here in this pic (the empty space)
AwHkRUV.png

I know it would probably be done with a hook. But the thing is, I want to have that icon separate from the other icons. e.g.
Say I have 5 postbit icons for the right - they are: a pizza, a hot dog, a cheeseburger, a pepsi, and a coca cola.
Now I want to buy a icon to go next to my username - it is a dog.
I want them to be able to have their 5 postbit icons, while they can have one icon next to their username. Is this possible? A website using your add-on is doing it. wizard101central

See, on wizard101central, I bought a Cupcake and a Mammoth.
A cupcake item goes on the right side of postbit. The mammoth goes right next to your username. See here:
hOOSHLQ.png

You can only have 1 item next to your username, and you can have 5 items on the right.

DIsGEsR.png

Last edited:
Fillip H.
I think I am asking, how can I give an item a custom hook?
Right now, the postbit icons are all on one hook.. $purchases.
I want to give the icons that go next to your username 1 hook and limit one of them maximum next to your username each time.
How can I do this? I think that is what the site above is doing.
If I can't do it, it's ok.
Additionally, why does each Icon have a configure button? They don't have a configure button on Wizard101Central. Look;
zoib5wT.png

and inside of Configure, it says something weird..
nhAplO0.png

Why is my icon "Money" coming up with a User title configure box?

Also, I added 3 icons and I bought them:
HOtGHvV.png

However, only one icon (the most recent I purchased, which was Cake) is showing up.
ho85bAU.png

Why aren't all 3 showing up, if I set the max to 5?
*confused*
obptT07.png

Last edited:
Can you please double-check the item type of the Money item? It's not possible for it to be displaying a config button for these items, the code for it doesn't exist.

5ngfpnr.png

Why is everything so messed up? :(
They are custom icons.
BLAH.

You know the login info. You can uninstall and reinstall it if you want, too. I just want a functioning shop and I want them to be able to buy post icons. Waaaah :(
Fillip H.
Is it possible for you to fix this tomorrow? It would really be appreciated, that way I can have my graphics designer make the icons over the weekend.
P.S. If you have Skype, it would be much easier to communicate that way (because the fact I reaaaaally need this fixed), my skype is "alfredoferrarox3" no quotes

Last edited:
I did end up having to reinstall the mod, but the Custom Icon now has the correct item type. Previously it was using an incorrect item type (it was functionally identical to the Smilie Category item type) - if you go to create a new Custom Icon item you'll see my previous instructions now suddenly make sense, haha.

Sorry about that :(

Thanks.
One more thing, now.
YapORZO.png

I have the 3 icons set to postbit_userinfo_right.
The Dolphin icon is set to postbit_userinfo_left.
I want to limit all postbit_userinfo_right icons to a maximum of 5 icons.
However, I want the postbit_userinfo_left to be limited to 1 icon. I want to be able to have 6 icons on each post.
Ugh. This is hard to explain.
I only want the user to be able to have 5 icons max for postbit_userinfo_right .
I only want the user to be able to have 1 icon max for the postbit_userinfo_left.
Therefore, the user can have 6 icons max displayed total, but 5 of those will be postbit_userinfo_rights, and the 1 will be a postbit_userinfo_left.
If they have 3 postbit_userinfo_left's set as Active, and 5 postbit_userinfo_right's, it will only show 1 of the 3 postbit_userinfo_left icons, but it will show all 5 postbit_userinfo_right icons.
How can I limit it like that?

There's no way to get that particular configuration at this time. You can use "Limit "Custom Icon" By Position" vBOption and the "Icon Limit" icon config in conjunction with each other but you cannot create a setup like that using these options.

There's no way to get that particular configuration at this time. You can use "Limit "Custom Icon" By Position" vBOption and the "Icon Limit" icon config in conjunction with each other but you cannot create a setup like that using these options.
Oh?
I basically want what Wizard101Central is doing.
If you buy more than one icon that goes on postbit_userinfo_left, and 2 are set as Active, only 1 shows up. If I have 7 icons set as Active, and 5 is the max for postbit_userinfo_right, only 5 show up, not 7.
:( this sucks.. I can't have people putting more than one icon next to their username. Ugh ugh ugh

You cannot have max 5 icons of any item in location X and max 1 icons of any item in location Y.

If you only sold 1 icon for location X (and wanted to limit the repetition to 5) and 1 icon for location Y (and wanted to limit repetition to 1) you could do this purely via the item's Icon Limit setting, but not if you want to sell multiple items for X and Y.

You cannot have max 5 icons of any item in location X and max 1 icons of any item in location Y.

If you only sold 1 icon for location X (and wanted to limit the repetition to 5) and 1 icon for location Y (and wanted to limit repetition to 1) you could do this purely via the item's Icon Limit setting, but not if you want to sell multiple items for X and Y.

Wow, darn.
I wonder how that site I mentioned is doing it, then. Unless because since theirs was custom done before it came to vBShop and they had theirs customized to have 1 icon max in location X and 5 icons max in location Y.

They have access to the exact same product that you do (even though it was a custom job for that site before it was publicly released) - unless I'm missing something then I don't believe they have got the kind of configuration you're referring to.

If you register on their website, and have the amount of credits needed, you can buy 50 different icons that go on postbit_userinfo_left and 50 different icons that go on postbit_userinfo_right if you want to.
Only 1 of the 50 icons that go on postbit_userinfo_left will appear. Only 5 of the 50 icons that go on postbit_userinfo_right will appear.
I am thinking they did it like this..
In settings:
Limit "Custom icon" by position: 1
Each item that goes on postbit_userinfo_left :
Icon Limit: 1
Each item that goes on postbit_userinfo_right:
Icon Limit: 5

I think I have the right idea. Lol.
However, for some reason, the ONLY hook that works is postbit_userinfo_right.
If I set an item to postbit_userinfo_left or postbit_messagestart or any other hook, it doesn't work, it just goes straight to postbit_userinfo_right.
Can you look at this for me, please?
The item "Username Icon Test" has it's hook set to postbit_userinfo_left but it still shows up on postbit_userinfo_right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShop

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back