Status
Not open for further replies.

mrderanged

Customer
Just wondering if, once you guys get this working for vb 4.1.4, you can force a template to be used in a specific forum? Basically, we have a review forum and a template that forces people to input certain information in an easy to follow format would be of GREAT use to us.

Regards

I'm working on a 4.1.4 compatible version right now :)

Forcing a template sadly is not going to happen in the lifespan of this mod, because all it does is insert text, it doesn't actually know if it has inserted text previously or not.

Just wondering if, once you guys get this working for vb 4.1.4, you can force a template to be used in a specific forum? Basically, we have a review forum and a template that forces people to input certain information in an easy to follow format would be of GREAT use to us.

Regards

What kind of information would you like to see in the forced template?

We're not entirely sure if it's release ready yet, as it's still just a hacked up version :p

Feel free to try to break it here on this site, use the off-topic or somesuch area to test it out :)

Hey Ozzy,

Sorry about the delay in responding, didn't see that you asked me a question. Basically, I need it for a review forum. We tell people what information should be in a "valid" review, but they always wind up looking like ebay rejects ;) We figured if the template came up automatically and forced users to fill in the fields, or at least give them a visible guideline, that it might help.

Regards

mrderanged If you let me know what info you would like in there I can set it up for you and give you the code.

In the screenshot below where you see the text:

Year of Automobile
Color of Automobile
Condition of Automobile

That is auto inserted, I did not type that when I selected new thread.

auto post.png

Last edited:
mrderanged If you let me know what info you would like in there I can set it up for you and give you the code.

In the screenshot below where you see the text:

Year of Automobile
Color of Automobile
Condition of Automobile

That is auto inserted, I did not type that when I selected new thread.

Hey Ozzy,

Thank you so much for this. Basically, the information I would need for this would be as follows as per our rules:

To give the reports consistency, a basic format must be followed:

Each review must be started off with a color coded rating for that dealer (just the rating, you do not need the description).

POSITIVE
Very satisfied with transaction conclusion. Would do business with again and would recommend to other people

NEUTRAL
Satisfied with transaction conclusion. May or may not do business with again and may or may not recommend to others.

NEGATIVE
Not satisfied with transaction conclusion. Would not do business with again and would not recommend to others.

Yes, include the color, it makes the review classifications stand out to the reader. If you need help with color tags please see the vBB help page here.

Give a synopsis of what the deal was.
What was good about the deal/dealer. Possible examples: a wide selection, great website, online ordering with payment, fast response times, etc. If there was nothing good, say so.
What could have been better about the deal/dealer. No dealer is perfect and they can't improve their service if you don't make constructive suggestions; examples might be numerous misspellings on their stocklist, listing things they don't have in stock, slow response times, higher than normal prices, selling mis-ID'd slings, etc. If nothing could be improved, say so.
A brief conclusion. Sum up why you would or wouldn't do business with the dealer again and whether you would recommend them to others.

We're currently revamping them, but that would be the gist of it.

Forum Id's this would be needed in are 8 & 9

Regards.

Last edited:
I guess I will need to see it on your forum to fully understand, once your site goes live again I will look on there and see how it is set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Post Templates

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back