Status
Not open for further replies.

heyzeus909

Customer
First of all, I apologize if this isn't a bug, but rather a problem on my end of things.

A member of my forum has had a tough time trying to add a comment to one of her images. She received the following error after typing out a long comment (352 characters) using Firefox:

8540322011_4396c4de0c_b.jpg

She gave up and sent the comment to me via a personal message rather than an image comment. So I attempted to recreate the error while posting the exact comment on the same picture while using Firefox. I received no error message like she did, but the comment was truncated at 110 characters.

Which, in addition to the error, brings up my second point: How/where do I adjust the setting for the character limit on image comments? I swear I checked every setting, but I can't rule out missing it. I also searched this forum before asking, but to no avail.

Thanks for your help.

Can you pm me the comment? I don't see a limit on your forum. I just posted an image and commented on it with a lot more then 110 characters. Maybe something in the text is breaking it.

Can you try to post the comment again with the special characters like &?
I think I fixed it on your server.

If anyone else runs into this, it will be fixed with v1.2.6
To manually fix it, open dbtech/gallery/clientscript/gallery.js

Find
PHP:
extraparams += '&comment=' + comments;
Replace with

PHP:
extraparams += '&comment=' + PHP.urlencode(comments);

Thank you! The messages post fine with the ampersand.

However, I'm noticing that now the message in the input box doesn't clear from the input box once they are posted as a comment:

8549790585_182a0f24de_z.jpg

Sorry it took me a few. I have it fixed on your site now, when you post a comment it should delete the text from the box after. Let me know if everything is working ok.

Sorry, but on my end the text of the comment still remains in the comment box after hitting 'Add Comment'.
View an image and do a hard refresh (shift+refresh or shift+F5) to recache the js file. Then try adding a comment, let me know. I tested it out on your site and it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Gallery

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings