Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have access to that? Usually unless you are renting the server itself and not just a site on the server, access to that file is limited to the host only

yer just realised that myself. Looks like I will have to contact my provider to get them to disable it. Do i need to get them to disable it for the vbdownloads.php file or for the path that leads to my download folder as i am unsure of what needs to be disabled and how in order to get downloads working.

I would tell them the path to the file, both the directory path and the url, that you can access it by browsing to it, but when you try and post to it, you get the 500 error. They might have already dealt with this type of situation on other sites and either ask you questions about other details or fix it, hopefully anyway :)

Update to this thread:

Overview of this is ive not checked on the state as to why my downloads would not work and wondered why I kept getting the errors as stated in my previous posts. Well its been several weeks since I attempted to upload ANY file using the download system, so a few days ago, I thought that I would attempt it again.

To my amazement, it worked! Ive not made any changes at all since I opened this topic, YET - ive uploaded 3 files and they are now fully visible and downloadable in the section. I honestly dont know what has changed between when this occurred and now but it seems to have sorted itself out. I did at one point, sent a support ticket to my host as it was thought it was something to do with conf settings their end. I didnt get a reply from them at all, so assumed that they did nothing their end to sort this out, and still assume they havent made any changes but the system is now fully functioning for me now.

Im gonna set this topic as "Resolved" now!

Status
Not open for further replies.