Status
Not open for further replies.

jb9255

Hello, I am French I will do my best to get the better English as I can ;)

So I installed the vbshout lite 5.3.2, the SB appear the on the forum but there is an error message : Error: Forbidden

When I look to the archive I can see the welcome message which doesn't appear in the normal chatbox.

KQwJRt.png

Thanks for the help :)

The only other cause for that error I can think of would be that you uploaded them using a different FTP user than your web server runs at.

So lets say you uploaded the files using the root account, the files would then be owned by root and the web server can't read them.

What you can also try is deleting any .txt files in the AOP directory and then try posting a shout.

In any case this isn't a bug, it's an error with your web server somewhere. It's telling you it can't read from either the .txt files in the AOP directory or it can't read from the .php file it needs to fetch its shouts.

Thanks for the quick awnser :)

Hum about those .tkt files, I don't have any text files in the AOP folder...

I see, well in that case please check your Apache error_log files - they should be somewhere in your host's control panel (like cPanel).

It s hard for me to find that, I don't get how those apache logs are working.

Please have you got an other solution ? I beg you it is really important for me to have your beast chatbox ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings