Status
Not open for further replies.

KristerSwe

Customer
bszopi‎
Dont get the forum thread to show up, have try all kind of settings,

CMS Slider not even show up
Forum Slider is empty

Have try disable jquery as well ... not sure if i have miss something here ?

nowork.png

Last edited:
Did you add the widget to your layout? It will auto create the widget but you need to place it where you want it to show.

Also, try downloading the package again and re uploading the files. You don't need to reimport the xml though. You might have gotten it before I replaced a couple bad files.

Well, nothing shows... i have deactivate it ... is christmas here now so i will come back when have time ...

Merry x-mas Dylan

This is actually due to something we fixed last night when troubleshooting on here, but it appears it should not have been fixed. I don't have access to fix it right now, but I will get with Dylan to get it fixed. If you want to fix the code yourself, it is fairly easy.

In [forum]/dbtech/vbslider/actions/widget.php, around line 286, find:
PHP:
$static .='      <li>';
$static .='      <div class="clear sliderImage"></div>';
$static .='      </li>';

Replace with:
PHP:

I did this via Firebug on your site and the slider started working. Let me know if you continue to have issues with it. And as I said, I will have Dylan get the files updated as soon as I can.

---------- Post added at 07:47 ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 ----------

Ok, I'm really confused now. I tried this earlier and it allowed your site to start working. I tried it on my dev server as well as on here (which were both working fine), and it made no difference. So, I went back to your site and tried again, and now its not working again. And I'm getting the same jQuery error we were seeing on here last night. So, I will continue to look into it...

Did you add the widget to your layout? It will auto create the widget but you need to place it where you want it to show.

Also, try downloading the package again and re uploading the files. You don't need to reimport the xml though. You might have gotten it before I replaced a couple bad files.

I downloaded last night too and could not get it to show up...What's the auto create widget's name?

The widget's name is vBSlider. You should just be able to go to ACP->vBulletin CMS->Layout Manager and then drag-n-drop it to the area you want it in your layout.

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Alright, I think I have a solution to it not working on Forum Home. I will send the files over to Dylan and have him look it over and upload the new files.

The widget's name is vBSlider. You should just be able to go to ACP->vBulletin CMS->Layout Manager and then drag-n-drop it to the area you want it in your layout.

Well i am not able to see that vbslider widget at all ....

Code:

Also did this and still not show ...

Ok, I'll look into it some more. Sounds like the install didn't put it into the database.

Brad via Tapatalk

Well i am not able to see that vbslider widget at all ....

Code:

Also did this and still not show ...

I can confirm this,the vBSlider doesn't show up in CMS Widget or Layout Manager.

Best Regards,Ronald

ps,Im using vB 4.1.9

Last edited:
Updated files to 1.0.1 and reimported the xml Suite]

Now vbslider shows in layoutmanager and i added it - works :)
Now i can see categories from cms part - Works :)

My summary now: No content shows in forum or cms widget whatever i try, tried also custom content nothing shows ..

(EDIT) CMS Categories

Last edited:
Thank @bszopi

Fixed. Was an issue with a countdown block and widget.

Thanks million :) am on it now and play around. Will do some Slider backgrounds and share them
if someone want and need .. Common ones, like ,visit forum, visit albums, visit blogs ,visit garage
Guests register etc ..some advertising for your own site

slide.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSlider

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating