Bug Can't save Visitor Messages Conversation (Paged) URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman

Customer
In Member profile URLs if I change Visitor Messages Conversation (Paged) URL to Custom like this:

utenti/[user_name]/u.[user_id]/[visitor_name]/u.[visitor_id]/[page]/

when I save, it goes back to this: members/[user_id]-[user_name]/[visitor_name]/index[page].html

Hi there,

This can happen if you have max_input_vars set to the default value of 1000. Could you please double-check your php.ini and make sure it's set to 100000 or higher?

Hey Fillip H., we tried to set it to 100000 but the problem remains... after saving it returns back to the default one.

Did you make sure to restart Apache afterwards?

You can check the current value by going to the AdminCP and clicking View PHP Info.

Hey Fillip H., I just tried again with my host to set that value and to change the setting one more time, but it still doesn't save.
I mean... I can sincerely stay with it, it's not a big problem (even in terms of SEO) for me, but maybe you shuuld recheck that it's not a code issue in the plugin itself. It's strange as only that field doesn't save and the others are working well.

Can you please double-check the View PHP Info page to verify the value has been changed?

Yes, I double checked in real-time when I was chatting with my hosting provider. Now we reverted it back to how it was.

You should not revert it, as it will cause numerous other problems in vBulletin (and some of our other mods).

Could you please re-apply the change and then PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account so I can look into this further? Thanks :)

The problem is that you have Suhosin installed and it is causing a problem with the code that saves the settings.

Could you please contact your host and disable Suhosin immediately? The security it provides does absolutely nothing to stop real hackers. We have had first hand experience with this in the past.

Sure. I'll contact later my host about it. Thank you Fillip H.. I'll let you know, in case. As said, it's not extremely urgent for me to set that URL in another way. :D

Fillip H., unfortunately, even with Suhosin disabled, the issue is stil there and you can't save that field. So, just to keep track of it:

DBSEO Cp -> URL Rewrite Settings -> Member Profile URLs -> (Pro) Custom Visitor Messages Conversation (Paged) URL
Default value: members/[user_id]-[user_name]/[visitor_name]/index[page].html
I enter this new input: utenti/[user_name]/u.[user_id]/[visitor_name]/u.[visitor_id]/[page]/
I click on Save but the default value is restored and the new one isn't saved.

I would strongly recommend leaving Suhosin disabled, as it causes way more problems than it solves.

Hello Norman,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings