Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodApples

Customer
I believe this may be an issue with my host but thought I would check here to see if there is anything I can check or change in my settings.

Code:
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<xxxxxxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx>:
    host mail.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx [xx.IPx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:
    503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.

Also vbMail settings for the Bounced Mail Threshold = 1
This setting controls the amount of emails that can bounce before the user is unsubscribed from any mailing list.
1 = Flag on the first bounce

This email was an automatic default happy birthday email so does this mean they will not receive any more emails?

I would say that error is from the server. Fillip H. would know for sure.

As far as if they are in the Bounced Mail, check DBTech - vBMail / Bounced Mail List and see if that user is in there.

xxx? xx xxxx xxx xxx xxxx. Xxxx, xxxx xxx x.

:p

No but seriously, I have never seen that error before and I don't know what it means. Try Google or asking your host :)

If that's a bounced mail vBMail picked up and the "From" field in the Bounced Mail Manager was filled out correctly, then they will indeed not receive any further emails.

I am working with my host on this but here my latest error message. :p

Code:
eturn-path: <bounce@mysite.com>
Received: from ...I removed the info here :) local (Exim 4.69)
        (envelope-from <bounce@mysite.com>)
        id 1Rcgmu-0007Sb-T6
        for [email]dbmaster@example.com[/email]; Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:14:08 -0600
To: [email]dbmaster@example.com[/email]
Subject: vBulletin Database Error!
Message-ID: <remove.info here :)@www.mysite.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: vBulletin Mail via PHP
X-vBMail-BouncedFrom: [email]dbmaster@example.com[/email]
X-vBMail-BounceKey: I remove info here :)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:14:08 -0600

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.9:

Invalid SQL:
select socialgroupmember.userid, socialgroupmember.groupid, socialgroup.name from socialgroupmember as socialgroupmember
                        INNER JOIN socialgroup as socialgroup ON socialgroupmember.groupid = socialgroup.groupid where socialgroupmember.userid =;

MySQL Error   : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2
Error Number  : 1064
Request Date  : Monday, December 19th 2011 @ 11:14:08 AM
Error Date    : Monday, December 19th 2011 @ 11:14:08 AM
Script        : [url]http://www.mysite.com/external.php?type=RSS2[/url]
Referrer      :
IP Address    : I removed IP address :)
Username      : Hello there Guest
Classname     : vB_Database
MySQL Version :

Last edited:
I don't see any error message in your post, just something hidden behind HIDE tags. Please un-hide the content :)

That's not related to vBMail, as none of its queries are written in lower case. It's something that happens on the script you see listed in the message (external.php) :)

Yes did think it had anything to do with vBMail but ensuring I had everything covered and maybe some good eyes checking things out. :D

The upgrade applied twice. Initial upgrade threw up an error, second attempt was performed via SSH and completed successfully. Some style directories were on the incorrect CHMOD setting.

We will see if this stops the bounce emails. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings