Status
Not open for further replies.

jackd

Is the auto refresh working on the pro version yet. I asked over at vb.org awhile back and got an answer that it was being tested.

Well I read a dozen posts at vb.org where everyone says it is NOT working and cut and paste from there with the answer I recieved.

Originally Posted by jack-d View Post

I have searched and can not find an answer to why you have to refresh the page after hitting the thanks button to see the attachments. I have seen other questions about this but no answer. Is this supposed to auto-refresh.

Thanks

There's an issue with auto-refreshing on 4.1.10 as they changed the way attachments work. It's currently in Alpha testing on one person's site, I will make a release when I'm sure he's not going to report back any issues

---------- Post added at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

And weeks later I asked about again and was told there is no update.

You didn't specify that it was an issue with attachments refreshing you were inquiring about ;)

The versions available here on DBTech have been hotfixed with the change, I don't think vBulletin.org has been updated yet though.

"Attachments Refreshing" I have no idea what you are talking about. When you click the thanks button to see attachments nothing happens unless you refresh the page manually. Will this pro version show the attachment link after a thanks button is clicked and does it ajax refresh or does everyone have to still manually refresh the page.

Yes, the Alpha tested code in the quote above is now in the current release package for APTL Pro.

Yes, the Alpha tested code in the quote above is now in the current release package for APTL Pro.

Yes I tried the lite version from here and it works as should.

Guess I will try the pro version of the thanks mod now.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I ran into a snag just now. I have a post that when I try and click the thanks button I get an "invalid post id" error message. I looked and see that the user is now a guest so that means his account was deleted. Would this have something to do with why the thanks button spits out the error about invalid post id.

If so, anyway around it.

Last edited:
Yes I tried the lite version from here and it works as should.

Guess I will try the pro version of the thanks mod now.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I ran into a snag just now. I have a post that when I try and click the thanks button I get an "invalid post id" error message. I looked and see that the user is now a guest so that means his account was deleted. Would this have something to do with why the thanks button spits out the error about invalid post id.

If so, anyway around it.

Hiya,

Can you create a support thread for this issue please? Thanks http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f52/

P.S Please use the actual URL of the forum in question or we will be unable to give you any support =)

Cosmic

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can confirm that this is an issue. I did a little more checking and found another user that was deleted and the same thing happens. Click the thanks button and get an invalid post id error message.

I added these 2 users back to the tables and now the thanks button works again. So anyone set as a guest which means they were deleted with posts will get an error if set to click the thanks button to see attachments.

My issue is resolved, just thought I'd let you know what transpired.

It would be nice to post a support issue none the less so if it can be fixed if the issue will be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.