Status
Not open for further replies.

mistafro

Customer
Sorry, I know I'm a pain but I'm in s
Dire need to switch to vBDownloads lol!

When will be the next update be released and what will be in it?

David said:
Hey,

I've finally gotten around to updating this to 1.2.0 after a string of unfortunate events! 1.2 introduces a couple of neat features! Without further ado, here they are:

Post to Thread*** - Allows administrators to select which forums they would like new threads to go to on a per-category basis with configurable messages.

Delay Downloads*** - This will allow you to add a delay to downloads per usergroup. For example, if you put a 10 second delay on the Registered Users usergroup, when they click a file they will need to wait 10 seconds before it is available. There is also an optional advertisement option that is configurable in the vBulletin Options section of your administration panel.

Category Images - This will remove the default text based category names with an image of your choice allow for a much nicer looking downloads homepage.

Searchable Area - This is a central location where users can view all downloads based on a certain criteria. For example, they could view all files based on the amount of downloads they have.

Profile Tab - This will add a profile tab to user's profiles which will display all of their uploads.

Notification on comment *** - This feature will give users an alert when another user has commented on their upload.

Those marked with *** are pro only features.

1.2.0 is currently only available for vB4 but 3.8 and lite versions will hopefully be released tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy this release!

- David

There we are =)

Wow!! I think this is the version I need!! Nice! Will try lite and then test it, if all goes well pro here I come!

Thanks!

Oh, shoot, one last thing, is the downloads II import supporting comments and images yet? I needed that or the ability to change authors. My database of files isn't that big yet in downloads II so I could get away with an author change for the files and comments if the comments and images wasn't yet supported on the import from downloads II.

Wow!! I think this is the version I need!! Nice! Will try lite and then test it, if all goes well pro here I come!

Thanks!

Oh, shoot, one last thing, is the downloads II import supporting comments and images yet? I needed that or the ability to change authors. My database of files isn't that big yet in downloads II so I could get away with an author change for the files and comments if the comments and images wasn't yet supported on the import from downloads II.
It doesn't at the moment for the simple fact that I was extremely pushed for time due to a multiple of reasons. I do intended on getting it done soon though along with a Links & Downloads Manager importer.

Status
Not open for further replies.