Status
Not open for further replies.

chi

Hi,

I'm interested in your Forum Live Feed & User Wall but I'm not quite sure about some things so, I would like to ask a few questions.

1. In your pro version features list you mention:
# Blog Posts
# Blog Comments
Is this related to vb3 vbblog addon as well? Because that is how I read it. I would like to make sure because unlike vb4, vb3 itself is standalone without blog.
but not so long ago there was an official vbblog addon available for it and I'm happy to have it.

2. Does Forum Live Feed & User Wall show only some certain amount of entries/activities as I see on dragonbyte-tech forum?
Is there a possibility to show all past activities paged, page after page?
3. Can Forum Live Feed & User Wall work without Ajax?
4. Is there an ability to let user edit/delete their already posted comments within the wall? (And to moderate/delete them by admin?)
5. Is it possible to parse bbcodes (for example images, smileys, urls) within wall comments?
6. Do you have a demo of pro version for vb3 so I can see how it goes?

And last but not least is there really no discount available? Because Mod + Branding Free (I really can't let for any external links) is almost $150 and for this kind of money I believe I can have something like this custom coded.

Well, I'm just making sure before any decision making. It looks quite nice though I miss a few things and I think also it would be better with more like facebook type of Like feature with a list who liked an entry/comment. Thank you in advance for the reply.

Chris

Could you please edit the issue above and provide the URL of the website you intend to run the product on.
Please note that an incorrect or invalid URL will mean we are unable to provide support.
Only DBTech staff see your URL.

Last edited:
1. In your pro version features list you mention:
# Blog Posts
# Blog Comments
Is this related to vb3 vbblog addon as well? Because that is how I read it. I would like to make sure because unlike vb4, vb3 itself is standalone without blog.
but not so long ago there was an official vbblog addon available for it and I'm happy to have it.
The vB3 and vB4 blogs work in pretty much exactly the same way - it's still an AddOn (shown in the Product Manager), just not one you can buy separately :)

2. Does Forum Live Feed & User Wall show only some certain amount of entries/activities as I see on dragonbyte-tech forum?
Is there a possibility to show all past activities paged, page after page?
Sorry, there's no way to alter the display to anything other than what you see here on DBTech :(

3. Can Forum Live Feed & User Wall work without Ajax?
The initial page load will still work IIRC, but that's in no way, shape or form guaranteed.

4. Is there an ability to let user edit/delete their already posted comments within the wall? (And to moderate/delete them by admin?)
There's usergroup permissions to manage and delete own and others statuses :)

5. Is it possible to parse bbcodes (for example images, smileys, urls) within wall comments?
Yes, BBCode parses in statuses and wall comments :)

6. Do you have a demo of pro version for vb3 so I can see how it goes?
Sorry, no. We only have the Lite version available.

And last but not least is there really no discount available? Because Mod + Branding Free (I really can't let for any external links) is almost $150 and for this kind of money I believe I can have something like this custom coded.
Cosmic can answer this :)

For the record, though: What Ozzy said is true, we can't provide support for mods without a valid URL, and it's never shared with the public in any way. Thanks :)

Unfortunately there are no additional discounts available on Live Feed & User Wall at the moment.

Is there a particular reason you cannot possibly have external links on your site? I often find people do this due to being misinformed about SEO practices or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.