Legacy You cannot play right now; please try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSonic

Customer
Hi,

i installed vbArcade Pro today. Great system! Thanks for that.

One thing i dont like: If guest try to play games (i disabled this),Guest get the messages: You cannot play right now;
please try again later.

Would be better if they see the "Permission denied"-Message from vBulletin or at least a link to register. "Try again later" is the wrong messages, because if an admin disable guests to play games, it would be better it says "if you want to play games, please register (with link)" :)

"Try again later" sounds like this is fixed after upgrading, ect.. But if you disable this, it is permanent :)

Thanks and Greets,
Alex

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
"try again later" is a trademark of DW..You'll get use to it.The arcade does not follow things your use too..
It's a new life line to vbulletin arcades and welcome on board ..

Sent from my iPhone,no rest for the wicked.

Hehe, thanks for your reply... I understand... I don't want ro break any way it goes (and no trademarks at all :) ), but PERHAPS we could have a link to the register-page, if guests tr to use it... PERHAPS :) ....

BTW: Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Last edited:
I don't think skol meant "trademark", but I recognize your situation.

You've set guests to be able to View the game, and that means they get the whole game screen, except the actual game. In that case, you get the "play again later" message, because it might be because you haven't posted enough to play yet.

However, if you want the "no permission" screen, you need to set guests to None access instead :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

Ok, i set guests to "None". If they click on the Arcade, they see this messages: Sorry, but the arcade is currently closed. So this also sounds like tmporary problem.

My favorite setting in v3Arcade was: Guest are allowed to see everything, but are unable to play games (perhaps a motivation to register :) )
(And saying "It's closed" sounds like, it's closed in general... So as a guest i would think: This is not working at all (for all usergroups) (I think it should say: Guests are not allowed to play games / not allowed to use the arcade"

Instead of editing the default permission (the one for all games+all users), create a new one specifically blocking guests. That will give them the No Permission message/form/link. When the default permission blocks people, you get the arcade closed message.

Yes, that worked... But i will keep it in "view"-mode...Perhaps there will be a soultion to get it working like in v3-arcade (as mentioned above).

Thanks for your support. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.