Question vbQuiz Navbar button

Status
Not open for further replies.

keharris53

Customer
Hi,

A few problems. First problem I have is with the link in my nav bar. I can right click and open in new tab or window, and the page works, however, when I simply click on the link nothing happens - the associated dropdown menu doesn't work. Permissions are set. Any ideas? Thanks!

I forgot to add that I just downloaded the current ver, 2.0.1 for 3.8.x

Update: I had several more problems indicated, but I figured them out. Just needed to pay a little more attention to detail in the configuration.

Last edited:
Anybody have any thoughts on this? Right now permissions for use is set to admins only. When I click on the vBQuiz button in the navbar, nothing happens. The dropdown does nothing. I have to right-click and open in a new tab or window. Once I do that the quiz is fully functional. The quiz option link works with no issue, as does taking the quiz, grading, making notifications, etc. My only issue is the navbar link to access. Thanks!

One more question. What is the function of the "explanation" box? I entered info regarding the question, but when taking the quiz that info is not presented. I don't see anything in the documentation regarding this text box. I didn't indicate any rules when I created the test quiz. Perhaps that's what would be there? I will check that today, however, if that's not the case then what am I missing? Again, thank you.
Ken

Hi, could you create me a temporary admin account so I can see what's going on?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new AdminCP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues. It should ideally be a temporary account created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it

The explanation will show for the question after they have finished and it's scored. So they can see what they got wrong and the explanation is there so you can tell them why it was wrong. For it to work you have to setup the groups that can see it at the bottom of the quiz when editing it.

Hi Dylan, thanks for the reply. Actually, I've worked around the issue by disabling the button and creating a new link. I added a conditional to the link so that only the usergroups I want can see the link. So far all the quiz permissions/functions are performing normally. I'll know for sure in a couple days after I put together the first quiz. Thank you!

Thanks Dylan! Regarding the explanation issue I'll check that out. Another question. When I input a question/answer and save, and notice that I've made an error, I select modify questions, but I am not given the ability to actually fix the question, i.e., if I make a typo there is no ability to correct it. Is there something that I'm missing or not doing correctly to make the correction? Again, thank you!

If anybody reading this post knows how to edit for typos, etc. Please let me know. I'm getting really tired of redoing an entire quiz for an error or two. Modifying questions does not present that ability. Thanks much!

More info: There is an option in the Quiz Options dropdown menu to edit quiz, however when I select that it takes me to my quiz and all I can do there is select "modify quiz", which only allows me to add more questions. I'm the only one right now (admin) with access and the permissions are set in both categories and usergroup.

The demo download is v2.0.0

Last edited:
Explanation Field

The explanation will show for the question after they have finished and it's scored. So they can see what they got wrong and the explanation is there so you can tell them why it was wrong. For it to work you have to setup the groups that can see it at the bottom of the quiz when editing it.

Right now I'm using the demo and when I input info into the explanation field, no explanation is provided after the quiz as been completed and graded for an incorrect response. A notification does go to a subforum that a quiz has been taken and the score result. When I created the quiz I saw no option at the bottom of the quiz regarding groups that can view the explanation. I know there are permissions for who can view and enter quizzes, as well as other permissions options in usergroups. I'm still checking this out.

Hi Dylan, I just noticed on reread of features that this is only available on the Pro version. I've no problem with that and am interested in that. That just leaves me with one more issue. If I make a typo in the quiz after saving a question, I can't go back to that question and correct it. The only editing option I have available is to modify questions, which only permits be to add a question, not edit an existing one. Is this question editing feature only available in the Pro version? If it is also available in the demo, then I'll need to resolve this problem before I get the Pro. The explanation is an excellent option and will be of value where the quiz is concerned for the participants. On another issue, I was able to use the "match" questions and input a worth value, but now no worth value appears, it just quit showing that field. I haven't made any other changes to the forum or uploaded any additional mods since installing this demo. Again, thank you!

It appears that the Pro ver requires at least 3.8.7. I'm running 3.8.4pl2. Anybody running this on the same version?

I had a genuine interest in this and the pro version because it provides the user with explanations for incorrect answers. I had a couple questions above that have gone unanswered for several days now, resulting in a delay in launching this on my site for a few days of testing. Uninstalled.

Last edited:
Hello keharris53,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Hello Fillip,
I appreciate the hotfix regarding the editing capability, thanks!
Regarding the questions, when I try to create a matching questions there is no answer worth field. All other fields are visible. Thanks.

I can see it in the generated view source, but it's not visible when creating the question, but that entry includes a "display:none" comment.

I've added a screen shot with this info on the vbulletin.org site. Again, thank you.

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with this issue, I'll get to the post on vB.org as soon as I can :)

I'll re-close this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.