Status
Not open for further replies.

Frybread

Customer
This is a major bug for our community as we rely on points earned via reputation.

Users who use the Tapatalk mobile app fail to receive points for received reputation, even after they log in on their normal PC's.

Bug is repeatable in the following way:

1) Set "Reputation" event to give 10 points under "Point Amount".

2) User "A" gives User "B" reputation.

3) User "B" logs in via Tapatalk, does a search, reads a few threads*.

4) User "B" does not receive points. Not even if he logs on normally through a PC browser after his Tapatalk session.

*If User "B" posts soon after getting the +reputation, he will receive points even if he's in Tapatalk.

If this is fixed in a new version I will gladly buy lifetime.

Last edited:
I believe that's because Tapatalk adds reputation in a different way than the standard vBulletin interface.

The only thing you can do is periodically recalculate users' accounts in the AdminCP, but I'm unsure if you can recalculate only Reputation points.

Ah, I misread your post then.

I should point out that the fact that processing cannot occur with Tapatalk is not a bug with vBCredits - that part of my post was accurate.

Do you have realtime transaction processing turned on?

Yeah, it's the processing that's not happening :(

I've tried turning on realtime processing, no luck. Receiving reputation isn't one of those realtime transactions.

I tried vBactivity lite and points for reputation are calculated instantly, no issues with tapatalk at all.

This leads me to believe it's possible to do this in vBcredits

Last edited:
Those systems work vastly differently, it would mean a complete re-design of vBCredits from the ground up.

That is something we do intend to complete at one point - the fact that vBCredits was developed by someone other than myself with vastly different ideas for how something should be done means I have great difficulty supporting vBCredits at times.
However, as you can understand it's a major undertaking so we don't have any ETAs at this time, sorry :(

Do you think it would it be difficult to hack in? A simple 10 points for every +rep someone receives - just like vBactivity.

Just wondering, I've done some slight mods here and there. Don't want to embark on this task if it's going to drive me crazy!

To be honest I don't know enough about the vBCredits core to be able to give a decisive answer for that :(

If you do figure it out though, let me know and I can try to include it for a future version of the mod prior to the re-code :)

I'll give it a shot.

In the meantime, I recommend you place a warning that vbcredits doesn't work with mobile addons like Tapatalk somewhere in the advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back