Status
Not open for further replies.

sportainment

Customer
I would like to request the Feature for the Postbit Tabs modification where when you click a tab not all of the postbit tabs change.

On the free modification of this at vb.org It has this same functionality, just without the awards being neatly separated, and when you click on another tab in the postbit it only changes that posters postbit.

For example for my postbit here you would click another tab and only mine would change not everyone elses on the page.

Apparently this system at the moment is designed how "Most of your Customers" want it however I would like to see an option in AdminCP/Setting Section where the admin's can decide whether they want all the postbits to change or just the one that you are clicking on.

REASONS:
The Reasons for this feature request is it does look a little unprofessional when even browsing on this forum you click a tab on the postbit and the whole page changes, forcing the like/dislike buttons to be forced down, and seeing the postbit underneath completely change looks like it is a rushed together modification where the code hasn't been finalized where one click changes everything.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would like to request the Feature for the Postbit Tabs modification where when you click a tab not all of the postbit tabs change.

On the free modification of this at vb.org It has this same functionality, just without the awards being neatly separated, and when you click on another tab in the postbit it only changes that posters postbit.

For example for my postbit here you would click another tab and only mine would change not everyone elses on the page.

Apparently this system at the moment is designed how "Most of your Customers" want it however I would like to see an option in AdminCP/Setting Section where the admin's can decide whether they want all the postbits to change or just the one that you are clicking on.

REASONS:
The Reasons for this feature request is it does look a little unprofessional when even browsing on this forum you click a tab on the postbit and the whole page changes, forcing the like/dislike buttons to be forced down, and seeing the postbit underneath completely change looks like it is a rushed together modification where the code hasn't been finalized where one click changes everything.

Hi there,

The Lite version of our mod also changes all of the postbits with one click - this is how the modification was intended to work =)

One of the issues people had with DJs mod was that they had to click to change the postbit tab every single time on every single user to change it - our mod doesn't have this problem as it will let you easily change the default tab you want to see (as well as easily change back).

Adding an option for our mod to work the way you request would not be a quick 5 minute hack so it will have to be put in the feature list for the next version, unless more of our customers express a demand for this feature of course. As much as we wish we had the time and resources to make custom options on our mods for individual customers, it's simply not something we can do =(

Cosmic

Cosmic,
I understand that, first I didn't realize that you had released a lite version of this over at vb.org I was talking about DJ's mod - I and my members had no issues clicking on it - the issue we had was attempting to get your (DBT's) awards/activity stuff to appear on a tab and whenever I asked here it was the same copy and paste answer - so without really looking into this I just assumed it was the same thing and jumped in to buy it hoping it was just like DJ's just with your activity stuff set out better.

This is the only reason why I requested the feature, I understand that others don't like it and if thats the case then so be it but thought I would at least post it here so that others could have their say :)

No problem with that at all - we always like feedback from our customers, it helps us to deliver a better service for them.

With that in mind, if anyone has an opinion on this, i'd love to hear them =)

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.